Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint lane debate once and for all!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    As long as they start work before tomorrow, April 2.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Were Craig and Hugh really sucked in?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If the industry is going to attract the general punting public surely we have to be uniform when it comes to sprint lanes - All tracks or None
    Watching consecutive races on this big night on Sky
    The Gold Coast Oaks at Albion Park and the sprint lane is a huge factor
    next up Breeders Challenge semi at Menangle and NO sprint lane is a huge factor
    General punters do not need to have such vital track knowledge when it comes to the gallops and so when caught out by our hodge podge they can easily write us off

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#APC20061509

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#PCM20061508
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    The Gold Coast Oaks was a disgrace. Sprint Lanes are a blight. I love the racing in WA but whilst Gloucester Park is in recess Bunbury is no different than the crap dished up at Melton every week. Get rid of them.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The All Stars certainly worked their tactics around it Bob. I could live without them but somehow I do not see it happening
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    No surprise that I agree with Bob on this one, the Sprint Lane AND the rules are a dead set blight on the game, to be honest I think the person who "invented" the sprint lane and the others who have been responsible for its proliferation would/should feel less than proud......the way the sprint lane adulterates driving tactics should have been sufficient to have thrown the bloody things on the scrap heap a long time ago.

I have been banging on about our racing being too predictable for years and the sprint lane just adds to that.....

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The All Stars certainly worked their tactics around it Bob. I could live without them but somehow I do not see it happening
    It looked to me like Shane Graham on the Stablemate wasn't privy to such tactics Kev. I think he was in as much shock as everyone watching. It took a furlong to go from one out to half a cart onto the pegs. At any time that Fav could easily of got onto his wheel and it's game over for the 10's on pop taking a sit at the 600m!

I know they drive like that in NZ but NZ Harness Racing is as unwatchable as it is uninteresting.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    It looked to me like Shane Graham on the Stablemate wasn't privy to such tactics Kev. I think he was in as much shock as everyone watching. It took a furlong to go from one out to half a cart onto the pegs. At any time that Fav could easily of got onto his wheel and it's game over for the 10's on pop taking a sit at the 600m!

I know they drive like that in NZ but NZ Harness Racing is as unwatchable as it is uninteresting.
    Yeah Bob on second viewing it would seem that Cockburn's strong move simply threw the cat amongst the pigeons
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...o-Freyberg-NZ-

In some ways it is strange that KP gets 9mths for doing what a sprint lane does day after day

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sw#PCM30051510

Here is the race again if you want to have another look
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Do the gallops have cutaways still?

+ Reply to Thread