Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VTDA Victorian Trainers & Drivers Association Come In Please

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

VTDA Victorian Trainers & Drivers Association Come In Please

Does anybody have any connection to the VTDA as I have emailed them twice in the last 3 weeks but am yet to receive a reply

I am seeking their view on the fact the HRA do not include Trainer details in their Results database
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I noticed an ad from the Victorian Harness Racing Trainers & Drivers Association in Monday's race book at Horsham asking for subscriptions.
    It finishes with the line
    'we are only as strong as our membership'

I campaigned hard with HRA for them to provide a complete trainers premiership table and was successful but I need your support to see them include trainers in their db

At present if you do a HRA search for a horse and then click on Horse's Racing Performance to see details of his career you will see 15 columns of information
    The obvious: Date, Track, Placing, Driver, ........ BUT NOT TRAINER! Eg

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=543414

I believe a Trainer column should rate even before Driver as changes of driver are often insignificant while a change of trainer can be very significant when browsing a horse's results/career
    I am not talking about backdating but simply from here on in improving their software and giving Trainers the respect they deserve
    It would be easy for an IT geek to include 'Group Status' in "Race Name' thus freeing up a column for Trainer
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Can I have people's opinions on what I am doing wrong here

I have emailed the VDTA three times now and as they had a ph number in their ad in Monday's racebook, I texted them to please reply
    but they have never once replied to me

When you do a HRA search for a horse and then click on Horse's Racing Performance to see details of his career you see 15 columns of information
    The obvious: Date, Track, Placing, Driver, ........ BUT NOT TRAINER!

I would have thought the VDTA would have an opinion on this and possibly like to see it rectified.
    I would like people's feedback as to whether I am making a reasonable inquiry
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anthony Butt has taken charge as new president of the Victorian Trainers and Drivers Association.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-head-of-vtda/

Butt said improving communication and ensuring transparency was a big focus for the VTDA in 2023 and beyond.

However, I see that the Sec/Treasurer is still the same so I am not expecting a reply (8yrs coming)

Maybe they only reply to you if you are a trainer or driver
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    suggest you contact Colleen Aiken (new executive assistant) direct - aikenracing@icloud.com. Or there is a new facebook group (public) VTDA Victorian Trainers & Drivers Association
    There is also a new website in the works

+ Reply to Thread