Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile and qualifiers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

MM 2020 Gp1 Newcastle Mile & Chariots, .....

The field is out

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...=1#NRC21022008

Have the handicappers been 'ageist' when it comes to Don Boston
    4 wins in a row including 1.49.8 at Menangle, has a 93 rating but 2nd Emerg
    while Pay Me Sam only has an 89 rating
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    One win at Menangle on Jan 25 has some merit but the rest of the fields have been nowhere near the standard Pay Me Sam has been racing in e.g. a Ratings 90 and Claimer.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Breno, I bow to you on everything north of the border

The Chariots Field is out

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#PCM22022002

Plenty of Vics
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    If Lochinvar Art can cross pegs in 26.5 or slower first quarter have to think he is a big shot to beat Self Assured again. We've seen so many horses fail from wide draws at Menangle in a hectic mile. I feel Lochinvar Arts main danger in this is how much work the Delight horses drawn 1 and 2 make him do. The other spanner would be Hurricane Harley trying to lead but I think thats unlikely.

Its going to take a good drive from Purdon to not be too far off him at the 1400-1200m and be able to apply pressure in the 2nd quarter without burning himself.

Happy to take $3 Lochinvar Art.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Yep, I see the eastern seaboard harness racing clubs this time Menangle are living up to their usual dubious behaviour when it comes to the barrier draws.
    Our Alfie Romeo 12, Galactic Star 10 more than a coincidence and people ask how can we improve harness racing? well fair and honesty would be a start.
    I really don't know why our trainers bother taking on a long arduous trip and then being handicapped out of the race with horrendous barrier draws

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    To eliminate any doubt, maybe all Gp1 races should have a public draw shown on TrotsTV, TrotsVision or whatever (or do they already?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    New Newcastle Tk Rec to Major Dan
    I missed it and am waiting for the replay
    What was with the Late Scratchings?

Now seen it and although Major Dan has the first spot in the MM, I just can't see him holding off the challengers in the long Menangle straight

Thanks to an old poster for letting me know that the Late scratchings were Late Arrivals - I imagine you would want to have a bloody good excuse to appease the owners
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-22-2020 at 12:46 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Menangle week after week are dominated by 1609m races. Then just before Miracle Mile they put on 2300m races. Surely the fringe Sydney FFAers should be given the chance to race at a mile heading into the Miracle Mile previews.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Menangle week after week are dominated by 1609m races. Then just before Miracle Mile they put on 2300m races. Surely the fringe Sydney FFAers should be given the chance to race at a mile heading into the Miracle Mile previews.
    Going by the mile rates they record it doesn't seem to make much difference. They only go one speed there. Still, peculiar programming seems to be a Sydney speciality.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    If Lochinvar Art can cross pegs in 26.5 or slower first quarter have to think he is a big shot to beat Self Assured again. We've seen so many horses fail from wide draws at Menangle in a hectic mile. I feel Lochinvar Arts main danger in this is how much work the Delight horses drawn 1 and 2 make him do. The other spanner would be Hurricane Harley trying to lead but I think thats unlikely.

Its going to take a good drive from Purdon to not be too far off him at the 1400-1200m and be able to apply pressure in the 2nd quarter without burning himself.

Happy to take $3 Lochinvar Art.
    Not how I planned it, but Moran summed the race up a treat. Terrific horse and drive. Heart in mouth moment when I thought Self Assured might cross him and down the straight it looked 50/50 but dat $3 was a bargain!

+ Reply to Thread