Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No 2012 Miracle MIle

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings

No 2012 Miracle MIle

Andrew Bensley just reported that due to the extensive building works currently taking place at Tabcorp Park Menangle, There will be no Miracle Mile run in 2012. This is to ensure the major works are complete by the running of the Inter Dominion in March.
    The Miracle Mile will be run on a Sunday in late April.....
    WOW

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Andrew Bensley just reported that due to the extensive building works currently taking place at Tabcorp Park Menangle, There will be no Miracle Mile run in 2012. This is to ensure the major works are complete by the running of the Inter Dominion in March.
    WOW
    Still one for the 2011/12 Season though.

Similar to early 90s there was a Jan/Feb edition and then a Nov edition when Harold Park was under construction.

Going to be a hectic March/April with IDs, Mile and I assume Len Smith Mile plus Derby,Chariots etc

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Yeah that is true Brendan I do recall that, was that the year Norms Daughter won one? Anyway, you are right, in season terms we will still have one and it is going to be a massive period in NSW when you throw in Gold Crowns, Renshaw Cups etc etc

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Does anyone have any knowledge of what these "extensive building works" are exactly. I presume it is probably to do with the stabling area and not the track itself , but can someone clarify. Thanks.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Where will they run their other meeting's while all this is going on ? Theirs a good track up at Peak Hill not being used this year that the MM could be held at , just on 1100 mts with a furlong run home or there about's with a 1800 metre start and a rise coming up the home bend or Coolamon 1053mts , 245 mt run home 1760 start,Goulburn 1049 ,200 run home, 1710 start. Wouldn't it be something with it being run at a country venue or any other meeting's being held at the little club's that may have to be shifted while building is going on ? Just dreaming out loud but what a way to show support for country Harness Racing .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge of what these "extensive building works" are exactly. I presume it is probably to do with the stabling area and not the track itself , but can someone clarify. Thanks.
    Not the track. Behind the stand(s) the whole lot was fenced off, dug up, being redone, when we went up for Len Smith. Looked like lots and lots of work to be done. "No way by Miracle Mile night" son and I both commented.

Told son "We can't keep skipping off forever. The other kids will want to come too". So he planned our annual sojourn around it. "We'll go to Sydney not the Qld theme parks this year. And we'll go in November this time". "Mum and the kids can wander around Sydney, we'll go to Miracle Mile". He got my vote!

He had it all worked out down to a tee. Just broke news to him before. Thought he'd be devastated.

For a while yes but not completely so... "We'll just go up for the whole time. Scratch March\April from your work calendar and then we''ll see all the big races".

Make a positive out of a negative?? "Toohard" for most of us... Easy for them youngsters!!

Maybe Gina and Julia can get some workers in to get it all done pronto??

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Where will they run their other meeting's while all this is going on ? Theirs a good track up at Peak Hill not being used this year that the MM could be held at , just on 1100 mts with a furlong run home or there about's with a 1800 metre start and a rise coming up the home bend or Coolamon 1053mts , 245 mt run home 1760 start,Goulburn 1049 ,200 run home, 1710 start. Wouldn't it be something with it being run at a country venue or any other meeting's being held at the little club's that may have to be shifted while building is going on ? Just dreaming out loud but what a way to show support for country Harness Racing .

$25 million development on what.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Still one for the 2011/12 Season though.

Similar to early 90s there was a Jan/Feb edition and then a Nov edition when Harold Park was under construction.

Going to be a hectic March/April with IDs, Mile and I assume Len Smith Mile plus Derby,Chariots etc
    I think Master Mood and Village Kid wasn't it? Maybe late 86/87?

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    WOW
    Fred, is that the new single race Inter Dominion FFA you are referring to.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    I think Master Mood and Village Kid wasn't it? Maybe late 86/87?
    Just looked that up, you are correct Village Kid Jan 86 and Master Mood Nov 86.
    The one I was originally thinking about though was 1996 June Norms Daughter and December Iraklis.
    While I'm at it I'll also point out that with EI it was cancelled that year.

+ Reply to Thread