+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The bigboss

Junior Member Weanling ryantics will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager

The bigboss

Watching this horse win at Echuca this Tuesday was something of pure perfection, an action so beautiful, he looks like he's pacing on air. Nathan Jack's usually laid back demeanor must be in overdrive over this potential champion.

He is the next world beater in my opinion, possibly better than Lazarus if he stays sound and is managed well in his races.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Steve for highlighting The Bigboss. I did see the quick time and put it in the Speed Explosion thread

"The Big Boss's MR of 1.54.8 at Echuca tonight was the fastest MR of the night by 2.2 seconds - not bad for a 2yo"

I forgot it was Echuca and such a time is Tk Record stuff - amazing for a 2yo having his third start

In the 2yo just run at Geelong, the only horse to beat The Bigboss just made it 3 wins from 3 starts
    The Bigboss did gallop out in that race which was the first start for both of them and consequently gave Smoken Ace 20m start and just tired late

I don't know that Nathan is that laid back with him - he seems to be asking a fair bit of him in these early starts
    Too early to tell if he will be the season's best 2yo even
    I wonder when Bay Of Biscay will be returning

Hey Steve, you have been a member for 7yrs and this is the first time you have posted so I am thinking this boy really is the goods. Bay of Biscay matches him for looks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Although a 2yo he isnt far off being 3 - early foal date. N Jack also has School Captain resume with a comfortable win at Wagga today.

Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager
    Thanks for replying Kevin. I'd forgotten about Bay Of Biscay, certainly a great looking colt and a little green in his only run. He has the stamp of a more dour type.

The Bigboss has the look of an American miler - absolute speed.

Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager
    Hi Brendan. I just rewatched School Captain's fighting win over The Lost Storm, both brilliant horses. I haven't yet watched the win at Wagga, obviously back from a long spell in top form.

With the owners Nathan has supplying him with such good horses, it's looking very rosy for him and I think much deserved

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well they had their first battle tonight and although it was close you would have to say that Bay Of Biscay was super impressive. Still very very early days but I have a feeling that BOB has 6 gears while The Big Boss has 5 gears

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#BNC02082306
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are going to love that victory tonight Steve
    Brilliant drive to run them off their legs

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#BNC11082304
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Steve Ryan
    Occupation
    Store Manager
    Well Kevin I was thrilled at the win, Nathan had the draw advantage & drove The Bigboss to perfection.
    I think he's shown maybe there's a 6th gear also and bring in the next clash!

aussiebreno
    N R Jack drove Modern Slippa 13 yrs ago same track and distance to a 2yo World Record. That was 1.57. Last night they go 1.54. Phenomenonal.

Yes he had the draw but you have to use it. Surely Emma Stewart was watching first hand thinking "we need this guy back driving for us".

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As tonight showed, there are plenty of contenders

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#BNC08112308
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread