Occupation
    Business Owner
    Horses
    Margaret Jean,Tascott Lady

Greyhound racing banned in nsw from july 2017

Junior Member Foal BRad will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brad Miller
    hope centrelink can cope with the extra welfare. It's a joke i have an old bloke up the road who owns a few greyhounds and they are treated like royalty and the ones that are "too slow" he lets them run around on his acres and they live the life of riley.
    A few bags eggs shouldnt ruin it for the majority who look after there dogs and dont live bait
    Last edited by teecee; 07-11-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I love dogs but not the doggies.
    The basis of the greyhounds problem is probably 'city thinking' v 'country thinking' about the disposal of animals
    The fact remains that it is too easy and too cheap to breed greyhounds and with an average litter size of 8, over half of their stock are put down for being too slow
    It happens in our industry to a lesser extent IMO, for the expense of breeding 1 horse insures longevity in that they are not necessarily expected to perform as a 2yo and are therefore given longer lives.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    the thin edge of a sharp wedge into all forms of animal racing in australia i`m afraid.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I love dogs but not the doggies.
    The basis of the greyhounds problem is probably 'city thinking' v 'country thinking' about the disposal of animals
    The fact remains that it is too easy and too cheap to breed greyhounds and with an average litter size of 8, over half of their stock are put down for being too slow
    It happens in our industry to a lesser extent IMO, for the expense of breeding 1 horse insures longevity in that they are not necessarily expected to perform as a 2yo and are therefore given longer lives.

The NSW government, and the others, well know most of the gambling $ lost through banning greyhound racing will be redirected to other punting pursuits, hence tax revenue doesn't cop a big hit. Government still smiling behind closed doors.
    Maybe each state government could look at extending the natural life of any racing animal by redirecting more of the taxes collected from betting to "life after/without racing"?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Greyhound racing is SO easy to bet on, compared to harness and thoroughbreds that it's tough to lose money. Now I'm going to ALWAYS lose money

+ Reply to Thread