Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Le Tour starts tonight

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Le Tour starts tonight

I was lucky enough to be in Paris for Cadel's win and as much as I will be cheering for Richie this tour, I am not expecting too much.

More often than not nowadays the tour is one by the elite rider with the strongest team.
    Chris Froome (going for his 4th Tour win) has an amazing team - so amazing that if I was director, I would be tempted to not ask Geraint Thomas not to do too much work until they are sure Froome is onsong as the Sky team is nearly good enough to help Thomas win the Tour if Froome is off

It is a real feat to finish in the Top 20 of the tour and 8/9 riders in their team has done just that and the other one Mikel Landa will be a fantastic worker for Froome

Richie's team BMC are no slouches but apart from Richie, Moinard is the only other rider to finish Top 20. Their roster was good enough but they chose to put Top 5 riders Van Garderen and Sanchez in the Tour of Italy.

Top 20 riders would not normally be seen as workhorses but having at least a couple of that ability is pretty much what it takes to win Le Tour
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    To confirm the strength of the Sky team - they had 4 riders in the Top 8 of the Prologue that is a short time trial /Stage 1 (with Thomas coming first)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread