Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Jeez, how long since it has rained out that way Kev?

Looked like a pretty good crop of round hay rolls in the background, although it may have been irrigated. The bit of dry ground coming out of the bottom bend might be a bit of salty ground.

Pretty sure access to the Gunbower track was the scenic route this year, around the footy ground, via lovers lane
    Last edited by arlington; 11-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.

aussiebreno
    Most Saturday nights the secondary NSW meet will be on Sky 2 and often clash race times with Victorias main meeting. Not ideal but not as bad as this weekend. Wagga is the primary NSW Saturday night meeting and I would assume be on Sky 1. Some of the race time clashes with Cranbourne are ordinary at best. 2500m Group trot race from Cranbourne and 3 minutes later is Wagga Cup. 2100m race at 8.58 at Wagga followed by Cranbourne at 9.00. Either Wagga is being shafted to Sky 2 or there is no lead in time coverage for Group 3 races like the Wagga Cup or Caduceus Club.

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    Quite underwhelmed with "In The Gig" this week as the recent NSW Oaks, Derby, Ladyship Mile, Bohemia Crystal Group 1's hardly got a mention, and there were no replay excerpts. Worst of all, the Trotters Mile, which was run in an Australasian record time was ignored.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No wonder Gordon Banks describes Sky 1 as having "no soul"

I remember to turn to the Soul-less channel a couple of minutes before the first of the Vic Oaks heats, thinking I may have missed the lead in.

It is 1 minute until they jump but a race from Globe Derby is still in progress, it finishes BUT we still have a greyhound race from the Meadows to squeeze in.
    We don't actually start any commentary on the Oaks heat until 5 secs until it is due to jump. No wonder they (deliberately?) jump 1 minute late to get a minutes worth of lead in (mind you we cop a split screen with gallopers going to the start at Toowoomba until the mobile lets them go).
    After the race we get 1 minute of placings commentary before going to Toowoomba - probably only because it was not clear who finished 4th.
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    This is some of what the Sky commentator said at around 9am this morning on Sky1 on the back of a Harness race in NA. Have to commend him for his honesty however it wasn't getting anyone excited about HR.
    Maybe Sky can help us out and hire someone who is a "harness racing fan"

------------------

funny action aren't they these horses... just a funny shape of animal as well. very different from thoroughbreds.

anyway, different breeds of horses look a little different I suppose

they're a strange looking animal some of these harness horses

they are tough, they race week in week out, they don't lack the toughness that's forsure some have huge ability...

we'll talk about the elitlopp as the week goes on

I'm first to admit that I'm not a harness racing fan as such.. I did watch the miracle mile.. I might tune into the elitlopp.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Makes you wonder what type of qualifications are required to get a job in this field, Maybe good looks, A big mouth and zero knowledge of horse flesh helps( Looks not required for Radio lol)
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-24-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    After all my protestations, I relented and paid for Sky 2 to watch the jewels today
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...oadcast-final/

Good news for the upcoming Inter Final

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is BIG news
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling JanellePeter will become famous soon enough JanellePeter's Avatar
    Real Name
    J & P Haywood
    Occupation
    Sectional Data to HRA
    We have always had Sky 2 through Foxtel. It used to be $5/month extra until about 3-4 years ago when it was made part of the Sports extra pack (around $30/month extra).
    Argued with them for some time that we don't want sport - We just want Sky 2. We have just given in and paid the money.
    I want to pay for the 2 channel I want and I would prefer to do this directly with Sky.
    Sky is available live on the internet with a TAB account to login but its not TV. I would like to see Sky setup a subscription TV app for their channels. Imagine how many people would sign up to that.
    Split screens annoy me a bit on Sky 1 and 2. Often they will have a harness race on 1/2 the screen while showing horses parading behind barriers or dog handlers standing around on the other half.

+ Reply to Thread