Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We are Back!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

We are Back!

I am guessing everybody else was having trouble getting onto the forum too. Thanks for prompt action Jules - well fairly prompt

There is the slight matter of about $900 I am out of pocket
    You see - with no forum to chat on while I watched Yarra Valley today (my old town's Cup)
    I started playing online Poker.
    I got a little engrossed in a tourney
    and consequently failed to notice
    that last week's Stawell Track Record breaker went around at about 40/1 (until they had jumped and then I knew he would win - just like I knew that Russian b#%^@$& would hit his flush)
    UNBELIEVABLE odds on both

Just so you are clear, we are talking about Hi Tech Fury winning Race 6 (in good time again too)
    so maybe you could deposit the equivalent of $20 each way on it into my TAB account

What do you mean Why?
    Well it is bloody obvious that I would not have been distracted playing poker if the forum had not been down!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    This Is Your Life was tipped on here a few weeks back and won today at 40/1 also - but I missed it

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    This Is Your Life was tipped on here a few weeks back and won today at 40/1 also - but I missed it
    That would have been you Kyle
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Sigh - though I may have given today's winnings back in previous runs if I had been following

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Impossible - you should have already been ahead from when he ran 2nd at over 50/1 straight after you tipped him and he has only had 5 unplaced runs since then so even if you had blown a bit of the place winnings and assuming you were betting the same amount each start after todays $43 divvie you would probably be over 40 times your standard bet UP. 40 x $10 = $400

But no you're right - you did the right thing in not backing him LOL
    (that sentence may have been a rip off from the movie Notting Hill)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread