Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Miracle Mile 2022

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bruce Christison of Club Menangle was on In The Gig last night and there will not be a problem racing on Saturday night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not only did the barrier draw fall their way but also the extra week break IMO
    Remembering
    KOS is unbeaten in 11 runs over a mile at Menangle, five of them at Group 1 level
    and that they are the class horses, it would not surprise to see the McCarthys trifecta the race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Not only did the barrier draw fall their way but also the extra week break IMO
    Remembering
    KOS is unbeaten in 11 runs over a mile at Menangle, five of them at Group 1 level
    and that they are the class horses, it would not surprise to see the McCarthys trifecta the race
    Spot on. King and Louis ran cracking miles - week off a godsend for them.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He is a Great
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    He is a Great
    Yep, both of them - the horse's performance and Luke McCarthy's drive.

It took guts to do what McCarthy did once crossed because if another horse came knocking he was cooked. Nothing did and, as a spectacle, the race degenerated into a 400 metre sprint out of the gate. I expected Bondi Lockdown to test the King but he immediately dropped anchor when the King regained the lead and the race was as good as over. Bondi Lockdown, as foretold earlier in the week, might have been cherry ripe had the race been run as scheduled but the extra week left him underdone. It showed.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Vics created a bit of interest but what makes his win so full of merit is the fact that those who tested him early/the others that went hard early finished at the rear.
    Jack Callaghan a superstar of the future and once again Greg Sugars showed what a good driver he is. Better Eclipse will be a star of the future but I would also love to see how Greg Sugars would go on Bondi Lockdown

Interesting in the pre race interviews to see those impressive markings on Better Eclipse, I am assuming they are a somatic mutation as discussed early in the Coloured Horses thread

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...oloured-Horses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Yep, both of them - the horse's performance and Luke McCarthy's drive.

It took guts to do what McCarthy did once crossed because if another horse came knocking he was cooked. Nothing did and, as a spectacle, the race degenerated into a 400 metre sprint out of the gate. I expected Bondi Lockdown to test the King but he immediately dropped anchor when the King regained the lead and the race was as good as over. Bondi Lockdown, as foretold earlier in the week, might have been cherry ripe had the race been run as scheduled but the extra week left him underdone. It showed.
    I think Bondi was overdone rather than underdone. Dont lose much in a week. Underdone he loses by a couple lengths giving out last 100m or so. Overdone you drop out early. Took 3seconds off Rattrays track record 10 days after running 1.47. A track thats had Beautide and Ignatius. Mile is a fresh horses races, hence good record of 4yos since Chariots winner gets the invite and a horse like Field Marshall running the record after bypassing the Grand Circuit that season. Not fresh running 1.47 and breaking 3sec track record in space of 10 days and trainer commented he was down after the 1.47 run.

King too good. Woulda been interesting if Louis kicked up to keep him pocketed - I think strategically thats the play Callaghan should have done.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    King too good. Woulda been interesting if Louis kicked up to keep him pocketed - I think strategically thats the play Callaghan would have done if he drove for another stable.
    An alternative writing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    An alternative writing
    I like your version more

+ Reply to Thread