Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Current season 2yos- any news/views?

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Flashing

Major and General Bronski havn't raced for a while what are they up to.
    They are both now back in work after spelling due to injury Major Bronski is my absolute favourite (stablename Crownie but his nickname "Pumpernickel"!!) and I can't wait for the day he races again. He's my tall dark and handsome boyfriend hehe

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Hey Flashing, always meant to ask...where did the Bronski tag come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Max View Post
    Maybe The team are huge fans of that very butch band from the 80's Bronski Beat...............Relax flashing just kiddin around i love those bronski horses
    Stuart had a horse he really liked many years ago, called Bronski Beat. He began to use the name Bronski as a tag for horses he bred. He was then informed about that exact 80s ban Bronski Beat and stopped using the tag... after much persuading (maybe nagging!) on my behalf I convinced him that he should use the name again, he had had many good Bronski horses in the past. Thought it was great to revive a good name

triplev123

That's a blast from the past.

Glen Sims had Bronski Beat here in Sydney for a while in the early 90's. He was well past his best by that stage but I think Glen still won a race or two with him. A few years prior to that, in fact it was the first time that I ever went to MV, I saw him come off 30m and go in 2:01 & a piece for a God damned near 3km trip and he beat up on Quite Famous, Rufus Youngblood & Co. That would've been in the very late 80's I reckon. He was by Adios Vic from a mare by Timely Knight.

+ Reply to Thread