Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Throwing one out there @ 5:23pm today

triplev123

Throwing one out there @ 5:23pm today

Race 8 Number 1 @ Cranbourne.
    Puppet aboard. 3x3 to Artsplace. How could it miss?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    With Rocknroll Heaven comming out there could well be a lot of 3x3 to Artsplace. Mare's by Grin, A-Major, Artiscape, Dream Away, Perfect Art and so on crossed with Heaven will give you 3x3 to Artsplace.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    With Rocknroll Heaven comming out there could well be a lot of 3x3 to Artsplace. Mare's by Grin, A-Major, Artiscape, Dream Away, Perfect Art and so on crossed with Heaven will give you 3x3 to Artsplace.
    It would also give you 4x4x5x5 to Abercrombie

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Correct weight Eliteblood

triplev123
    There are already a few around here and there. I'd expect that Artistic Fella would have covered mares by sons of Artsplace somewhere along the way too. His first Oz bred foals are now weanlings, his 2nd crop now in utero. He was such an outstanding racehorse. We've got a nice filly by him, plenty of size, length, muscle & bone, just like her old man. All she does is pace. A horse that can go in 1:48 on a 5/8ths mile, win 26 races & bank $2.6mil has got to be a chance.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    If Artistic Fella had of been by a more fashionable sire he would of been booked out and then there would be the possibility he might not of come out. And you are correct he was an outstanding racehorse he had speed and was tough.

triplev123
    Yeh, I think that's pretty much about the size of it Mango. I'm betting on two things with him though, the sireline (Cam Fella) & moreso his absolutely wonderful racetrack performances.
    Like many others & no doubt including yourself I was never a Pacific Fella fan. I saw him a few times but I could never warm to him & later on I was very glad of my reaction because I didn't care for his stock at all. That being said I think it's fair to suggest that Artistic Fella is no more Pacific Fella than No Nukes was Oil Burner, than Somebeachsomewhere was Mach Three and Abercrombie was Silent Majority. An umblemished line is not everything either apparently because every sireline available to us today tracing back to Adios, Meadow Skipper or Direct Scooter has at least one weak link in it...notably bar one. I think I may have said somewhere a while ago there is only one sire line that comes down from Meadow Skipper which is, IMO, unbroken by way of the presence of a disappointing 'link' somewhere along the way... that of Meadow Skipper/Most Happy Fella/ Cam Fella/Cam's Card Shark & onwards to his sons, though quite possibly there with CCS's sons, which are notably the 5th generation of the line and which I think is generally thought to be 1 step further than a great many pundits had ever previously felt possible, it could meet its end if they are unable to in turn extend the line. Should a horse like Kenneth J fire for example, he would represent the 6th generation of an unbroken/unsullied line tracing directly back to Meadow Skipper. Wouldn't that be something? It's probably all of little more than trivia buff value but interesting nonetheless.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

I'd agree with you there but what it come's down to is people weren't overly keen on Pacific Fella so that could go against him getting the mare's he deserves.

triplev123
    Certainly, I do agree with you there. Rightly or wrongly I think maybe it's pulling him up to some degree with some people and I guess it will continue to do so until he steps out from that shadow. We've only bred the one of them ourselves...but if she's a fair representation of the stock he leaves he has got a good shot.

+ Reply to Thread