Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ridiculous warning issued in the 2yo race 1 at Horsham today
    The last 2 horses have been warned for tiring. They are 2yo's who still broke 2 minutes
    Without them accepting we probably don't have a race
    They were not in the betting
    Give the owners a break - if a hard nosed steward does the same again to them next start, then they probably get stood down = less horses = less races

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#HSC17092007
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I just watched the above race again. Interesting protest decision - the first past the post definitely interfered with second but I am not sure that Jacks Hawk was ever going to let Keayang Kamikaze beat him
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From the Echuca Stewards Report

Licensed driver Daryl Douglas was found guilty of a charge under Rule 231(2) which reads: A person shall not misconduct himself in any way. The particulars of the charge being that Mr Douglas gestured inappropriately whilst leaning out of a moving vehicle to a member of the public as he was arriving at the racecourse. Mr Douglas offered no plea to the charge. Mr Douglas was fined $500. In assessing penalty stewards were mindful of the HRV Minimum Penalty Guidelines and the nature of the offence having misconducted himself towards a member of the public.

Stewards intend to inquire into the conduct of trainer Glenn Douglas and driver Daryl Douglas shortly after arriving on-course.

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=EC200920
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Well, that didn't take long.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I just watched the above race again. Interesting protest decision - the first past the post definitely interfered with second but I am not sure that Jacks Hawk was ever going to let Keayang Kamikaze beat him
    Going on that win at Melton just now, Jack was never going to let anything past him

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM26092006
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    The stewards report for Saturday night's Melton meeting is now up on the HRA website. Naturally, I went straight to the Smoken Up Sprint to get the stewards take on the greatest race day flop of the year, Ride High.

Noticeably, no swab was taken from the horse! Somebody is asleep at the wheel at HRV with such a basic procedure being confined to the too hard basket. This, and the rent-a-quote reporting being fed through a compliant (should that be subservient?) media, would indicate HRV is content to treat the public as mugs.

An unbackable favourite, effortless winner of it previous eleven starts by huge margins in clock-shattering times has flopped in a huge way. And officials do not see a reason to take a routine swab!

"Move along, nothing to see here!"

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    The stewards report for Saturday night's Melton meeting is now up on the HRA website. Naturally, I went straight to the Smoken Up Sprint to get the stewards take on the greatest race day flop of the year, Ride High.

Noticeably, no swab was taken from the horse! Somebody is asleep at the wheel at HRV with such a basic procedure being confined to the too hard basket. This, and the rent-a-quote reporting being fed through a compliant (should that be subservient?) media, would indicate HRV is content to treat the public as mugs.

An unbackable favourite, effortless winner of it previous eleven starts by huge margins in clock-shattering times has flopped in a huge way. And officials do not see a reason to take a routine swab!

"Move along, nothing to see here!"
    Trevor a post race swab was done as was a post race blood test.

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    Trevor a post race swab was done as was a post race blood test.
    My mistake, I should have gone to the bottom of the report instead of just the race. Where does it say in the report about the blood test? Cannot find it mentioned.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My mistake, I should have gone to the bottom of the report instead of just the race. Where does it say in the report about the blood test? Cannot find it mentioned.
    With Nathan's connections he would know
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The stewards report doesn't list the blood test but the stewards comments in the results does mention swab and blood test . The stewards really need to get this stuff right for integrity reasons. The public really can't be sure what happened !
    Last edited by gutwagon; 10-08-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread