Roll With Joe
Closed Thread

Thread: Camera Angles

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert

Lightbulb Camera Angles

I think I have seen it mentioned here previously but it definitely deserves another whack........wtf is with the ridiculous camera angles offered up as the horses run down the back straight in Brisbane?? Tonight (think it was the 2nd), whilst we were watching the horses 1out 5/6/7back close-up there was an important lead challenge/change that occurred which had a massive bearing on the result of the race. I hope the powers that be fix it quick fast.
    Whilst on camera angles, I just got a massive (& happy) surprise to see that Keystone Del won the trot tonight. Watched the replay......kicked the cat when I swear I see Aikens mare grab the win on the inside only to rejoice when I check the official result. Craig Rails calling position is obviously better positioned than the TV camera as he got it spot on. I question, in this day & age why tv cameras aren't placed ON winning lines to give the exact view to punters. Reckon there's a lot of times where I'm left guessing (Melton for example)
    Cheers

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    The angle at Shepparton is a bit tricky as well, Watched my horse trial there one night and he clearly crossed the line 1st and the results had him finishing 2nd, Only a trial so no big deal. Maybe the Pole on the outside fence on some of the tracks needs to stand out a bit clearer.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    I think I have seen it mentioned here previously but it definitely deserves another whack........wtf is with the ridiculous camera angles offered up as the horses run down the back straight in Brisbane?? Tonight (think it was the 2nd), whilst we were watching the horses 1out 5/6/7back close-up there was an important lead challenge/change that occurred which had a massive bearing on the result of the race. I hope the powers that be fix it quick fast.
    Whilst on camera angles, I just got a massive (& happy) surprise to see that Keystone Del won the trot tonight. Watched the replay......kicked the cat when I swear I see Aikens mare grab the win on the inside only to rejoice when I check the official result. Craig Rails calling position is obviously better positioned than the TV camera as he got it spot on. I question, in this day & age why tv cameras aren't placed ON winning lines to give the exact view to punters. Reckon there's a lot of times where I'm left guessing (Melton for example)
    Cheers
    Once again I wonder why NZ can use the split screen to give us a close up while still showing the whole field but in Oz it seems to be beyond us
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno

Lightbulb Camera Angles

Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    The angle at Shepparton is a bit tricky as well, Watched my horse trial there one night and he clearly crossed the line 1st and the results had him finishing 2nd, Only a trial so no big deal. Maybe the Pole on the outside fence on some of the tracks needs to stand out a bit clearer.
    Don't act innocent you shonkied up results to get a better price! Lol!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Don't act innocent you shonkied up results to get a better price! Lol!
    Nothing like a chuckle first thing in the morning Breno.

Closed Thread