Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor Form....John Anderson

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

Poor Form....John Anderson

In the latest http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=102084 from John Anderson he takes a free hit at some of the Owners of Smoken Up.

Airing his dirty washing in such an article and on a special award for any owner is poor form.

These blokes supply plenty of horses to train not only in Vic but you regularly hear the racecallers referring to them in various States.

The last thing this sport needs is Owners leaving because a CEO who lost a court case and now wants to blame owners of standardbreds.

Beware all Victorian Owners

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    In the latest http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=102084 from John Anderson he takes a free hit at some of the Owners of Smoken Up.
    So,it's OK to take prizemoney contributed to by others in the same industry who are paying their fair whack?
    They deserved the backhander.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    I have to say Ron I agree totally with you if you do not want to contribute what the law has decided you should than do not take out.

If every betting agency including the TAB's took this approach we would be literally racing for ribbons or the really big events a bag of chaff.

aussiebreno
    Probably not the time or place but what he says still has some merit. I think the OP has gone a bit over the top tbh.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    So,it's OK to take prizemoney contributed to by others in the same industry who are paying their fair whack?
    They deserved the backhander.
    Ron, last time I looked "Betezy" was not an Owner.
    If you take your stance, then any shareholder in any Company involved with HRV could be subjected to comments like this.
    It has been mentioned on numerous occasions on "In the Gig" that Greg Hayes's retired Grandfather is a major Owner.
    John Anderson is wrong here

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    A disgraceful comment perpetrated by someone using their position in a most ungentlemanly like fashion.

Sure Anderson has merit in criticising those that may not be meeting their obligations, but there is a time and place and I agree, poor form, poor timing and opportunistic folly.

"If you haven't got something nice to say..."

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    [
    QUOTE=p plater;23960]In the latest http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=102084 from John Anderson he takes a free hit at some of the Owners of Smoken Up.

Airing his dirty washing in such an article and on a special award for any owner is poor form.

These blokes supply plenty of horses to train not only in Vic but you regularly hear the racecallers referring to them in various States.

The last thing this sport needs is Owners leaving because a CEO who lost a court case and now wants to blame owners of standardbreds.

Beware all Victorian Owners[/QUOTE]
    Geez Bailey,
    the timing of the swipe is no doubt contentious, but "Beware all Victorian Owners" is at least equally off the mark. It's a free world and we are all encouraged to voice our individual opinions, and I reckon there's nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, which is going to make the politically correct set cringe, so in short mate yeah the timing is questionable, but, it may have been correct too.

cheers,
    Dan

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    [
    Geez Bailey,
    the timing of the swipe is no doubt contentious, but "Beware all Victorian Owners" is at least equally off the mark. It's a free world and we are all encouraged to voice our individual opinions, and I reckon there's nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, which is going to make the politically correct set cringe, so in short mate yeah the timing is questionable, but, it may have been correct too.

cheers,
    Dan
    Dan, I'll cop the " Beware all Victorian Owners" as being off the mark but when you read further into John Andersons article he refers to Sportsbet and the Federal Court appeal.
    Reading this it seems that as HRV lost its case hence the appeal, neither Sportsbet or Betezy or any other like organisation is not required to pay a fee. I am sure if they did John Anderson would have started some other action to recover the money. I seem to remember reading that HRV lost because they had a sweetheart deal with some on course bookmakers which John Anderson has now stopped.

Again I think he has poor judgement for a man holding the CEO's job.

+ Reply to Thread