Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NSW Stewards' Comments Column

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs down NSW Stewards' Comments Column

When you read the Stewards Comments abbreviations on the results page for a Victorian meeting you get a real picture of how the race played out - who was the first Leader, who went to the Death etc etc.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE for NSW to do the same! They generally tell you SFA (my abbreviation for them)

Just look at todays pathetic Stewards column from Menangle. Sometimes we don't want to watch every replay but NSW is clearly determined to make us do so.
    Take the Pacing Gold Final:
    Queen Of Pop won but the only light the Stewards Comments shed on it is PRBT SWAB
    Take the Len Smith
    Beautide won and they really went overboard here and added GS to PRBT SWAB

Get fair dinkum or find someone who can really do the job
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes it's not to hard Kev, The abbreviations should be across the board on all results. The stewards are big on knowing the driving tactic's and any changes but fail to let the public know how the races really pan out. Just went into the results site to have a look at the pacing gold again and it has been adjusted since yesterday evening.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Settle down champ. I love to bag the stewards but this info usually takes 24 hours to finalise, as the stewards finish the meeting reports. Considering your mighty Victoria stewards give trainers monetary fines for breeches of the TCO2 levels I would not get to rapt up in the Victorian system. Maybe they should concentrate more on the penalities and not the abbreviations in the results.

Junior Member Foal racenut will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jay Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Settle down champ. I love to bag the stewards but this info usually takes 24 hours to finalise, as the stewards finish the meeting reports. Considering your mighty Victoria stewards give trainers monetary fines for breeches of the TCO2 levels I would not get to rapt up in the Victorian system. Maybe they should concentrate more on the penalities and not the abbreviations in the results.

The Stewards in Vic don't determine positive swab penalties, the independent RAD Board does.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Maybe that why they have so much time on their hands to put in all the abbreviations!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Not too sure about your penalties point Jack from ? I guess you are saying we have to wear the NSW stewards being slooooooow. If the comments are not there until the next day then they would be missing for at least 95% of their intended audience - interested parties looked up the results the same day so it does not strike me as best practice champ
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    I think you miss the point Kevin. 95% of the people looking at the results would not care in the slightest where the horse was at the bell particularly at Menangle with 1400 metres to go and if they did firstly they would watch the race live and secondly they would watch the replay. Harness racing has plenty of issues to deal with and yours would not rank in the top 1000. The pathetic penalaties dealt out in Victoria would be in the top 3.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are right about it not being a biggie Jack as I mostly watch Victorian races but I would like it if they could fix it. Call me tight or poor but I do not have foxtel or a nearby venue to watch it, I only have mobile broadband (but am investigating alternatives - I guess I will have to pay Telstra for a phone line I do not need) and so I eat up my bikkies if I watch races live. Replays are good (and cheaper) for me but are fairly small and of average quality and being deaf I cannot hear the call so if I have a proper stewards summary I can watch and locate the horses I am interested in much easier.
    Once again I appreciate that it is a small point but one that could easily be rectified. I not long ago grizzled that we have no comprehensive drivers and trainers premiership tables (not a real biggie either) but now we do - maybe I am being a little selfish but I am hoping this small annoyance might be fixed to
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Kevin, there is no doubt this forum is a great pleace to raise issues as I know Adam Fairley regularly contributes. One thing that I know was raised was NZ horses and there NZ names etc and this has been recitified. Also would love to see some lifetime stats that they do in NZ for trainers/drivers.

+ Reply to Thread