Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vic Stewards accepting absolute Garbage - they are entrusted with our integrity

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Vic Stewards accepting absolute Garbage - they are entrusted with our integrity

This is really important IMO for if stewards go easy on some where is our integrity. FULL STOP

This is the race, watch the actions of the driver in the 1x1 as they approach the bell

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#BAC27082108

This is the Stewards Report (reconvened exerpt)

* Reconvened at Charlton on 2 September 2021. David Magri, driver of Columbias Deecee was questioned in relation to a matter approaching the 1000m, where Mr Magri’s head was directed backwards as My High Peak galloped. Upon consideration of the evidence, inclusive of the footage available it was established that approaching the 1000m My High Peak commenced to over-race and raced in close proximity behind Columbias Deecee. As My High Peak’s head was then positioned immediately over Mr Magri’s right shoulder and making contact with the outside sulky wheel of Columbias Deecee, Mr Magri explained that for safety reasons he then endeavoured to prevent that gelding from racing any closer in his vicinity by directing his head backwards. A short distance after, My High Peak then galloped. Given the associated safety considerations and that Mr Magri had not initiated any movement by his head until My High Peak had raced in extreme close proximity to his right shoulder, no further action was deemed necessary in those circumstances. Furthermore, Stewards noted the racing manners of My High Peak during this section, that the gelding was only having its third race start and therefore pursued no action against driver Jackie Barker.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=BA270821

David Magri headbutted the horse behind and caused it to gallop
    Last edited by Messenger; 09-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    They could have watched a Tom 'n Jerry cartoon for all we know Kev, certainly not the race I watched. Perhaps they are being advised by the US President's spin doctors. His "successful withdrawal" from Afghanistan is about on par with with their explanation of this race.

+ Reply to Thread