Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yankee Cruiser- if you've got it, you've got it.

triplev123

Yankee Cruiser- if you've got it, you've got it.

Sired his way out of Ohio to Hanover,Pa. and is once again doing an excellent job with his 2yos, 89 foals for 61 starters, 7 in 1:55, 5 in 1:53 & a piece, 5 x 50k+, 2 x 100k+ (a colt & a filly) & this in a PASS siring pool that includes Dragon Again, Four Starzzz Shark, McArdle, The Panderosa & Western Terror. The only one of those that is ahead of him on the US 2yo sires earnings table is Dragon Again & he has exactly 50 more foals to speak for him (139).
    Over the years a lot of sires have been afforded much better initial opportunities and have done a whole lot less with a whole lot more. Props to the Horse.

triplev123
    I forgot to add that back in 2003 I watched over the Net as this horse won the NA Cup, Dean Magee in the bike for Tim Pinske who had taken over the training after his son, Brian, had sadly passed away months earlier. It was one of those 'Come On Frank' moments like we saw in South Australia recently. Very moving. Great to see Yankee Cruiser has kept going in the breeding barn.

triplev123
    Isn't technology wonderful? I looked on Youtube. Here's the race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsCJv-uZL7s

+ Reply to Thread