Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Work Dexter

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons

Great Work Dexter

Having been at Roxbrough yesterday I watched a great peice of horsemanship when DexterDunn, driving Capitol Drive were "flicked" out at the start. Dexter held on to the reins and was dragged down the track and into the inside of the track across the ditch and back onto the track, spinning several times and eventually bringing the horse under control. I thought the days of seeing good horsemanship were a thing of the past. Recently I have seen some shocking things by some of our younger drivers and older ones too.
    There was a time when every driver out there was a horseman first. I once remember seeing Wes Butt tipped out at Hutt Park when 2 horses squeezed him up. He was dragged about a furlong and muck like a skier, got up onto his feet, still being dragged and climbed back into the sulky then bringing the horse under control.
    One day at Motukarara a young driver who will remain nameless dropped his near rein and dragged it, Maurice Holmes on the way past reached down picked it up and handed it back saying, "Don't ever do that again son!"
    Anway well done Dexter, your effort yesterday was brillant and one that is worth more than all the premierships you shall win.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I remember a few years back in the Kindergarten Stakes Blair Orange struck a wheel and had one wheel in mid air somehow managed to stay in the sulky and went on to win the race.

+ Reply to Thread