Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miracle Mile Night

nat

Miracle Mile Night

What a race and what a night 2 record, we didn’t quiet get the sub 1:50 pace but we got a 1:54.3 trot with Sundons Gift and Down Under Muscles (what a powerful last half), I cheered Blacky to the line but couldn’t be happier for Smoken Up to win a big one he keeps them honest in every race he's in and to win sitting outside Blacky probably means more than the time if you want a statement. The same for Lonestar legend set many a race up for others to come over the top of late to win out in front and a 26.3 last quarter. This Menangle track can really highlights what this nights all about hard fast racing with good horses.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat
    Yes it was good to see Lance and Smoken Up finally crack a big one, i thought Mr Feelgood was a good run and it would of been interesting if he had of drawn in closer. I thought the run by Down Under Muscles was perhaps the run of the night and to take ground of Sundons Gift was amazing i look foward to watching this horse over the next 12 months.

nat
    Yes draws make these races at this class, Down Under Muscles will be a gun when he can come of the gate, like Skyvalley he is poetry in motion with speed to burn and the looks of a superstar these Muscle Yankee horses have these attributes don’t forget Sundons Gift was wide early

Member Yearling bbd will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Colin Douglass
    Yes a great night. I was in the stand cheering for blackie and when he kicked at the 300 I thought he was home. Cant complain about Smokin Up winning though. He has been in everything and deserved to finally crack a big one.

A great night except for Lonestar Legend. He was very good but the race was boring as you can get. Slow lead, slow middle and he sprinted home to make it impossible for anything else. Very good drive for the horse, the connections and everyone who backed him, but a blight on harness racing itself.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Great Race ! Congratulations to Lance and Smokin Up - richly deserved. Mile racing is not my cup of tea except for that race. Never fails to deliver.

aussiebreno
    Was an awesome race. Glad Smoken Up finally got a big group one but was disapointed BAF couldnt get his first miracle mile. Just a mouth-teaser for more to come!

nat
    Your right aussiebreno would had loved BAF to win just to have that Miracle Mile win by his name and a super time (we all know how good he is though), these horses are going super at the moment It might be the year for the record books if you want to win a Group 1 race in OZ there are even some second tier horse capable of brining the big boys down on their day.

+ Reply to Thread