Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HR Weekly

Junior Member Weanling Bruce Hadley will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

HR Weekly

I remember (the good old days) when the HR Weekly (or Calendar) was about 20-30 pages of A3. Yes, it was in newsprint, and yes it was in black and white.

However, there were more stories, and a story could be covered in more depth than the current space allows. Personally, I dont care if the weekly is in colour, as it doesnt add any value to the publication. Most people get the weekly with their annual licence subscription anyway, so it is a captive audience.

Go back to newsprint, and give us what I want More news

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I remember those day and the copies are stored out in the garage

gosh I even wrote stories for it when I was still at school when I wrote about the Chertsey Sunday workouts

good days

Junior Member Weanling protege will become famous soon enough protege's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Coach
    It does not take too long to read through the weekly that is for sure.
    They do have to be lauded for the Super Stable- that adds a lot of interest to racing when in operation.
    I do not understand how the TAB 800m from my house gets theirs on Wednesday and i get mine on Thursday.
    Is there an opportunity for the weekly to take on the publication of a form guide with the weekly? All the other publications are struggling and i would expect if the HRW did a quality form guide they would get many more subscribers- providing it was sent nationwide on a Wednesday and had Wednesday to Sunday form guides for NZ trots.
    Premier Horse Nursery of the World- Southland!

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Yeah Neil I too have hundreds of the old 'calender' stored up. They are still great reading and sadly some of the issues from those days are still with us. I love the adverts - set of hopples 28 quid!!

+ Reply to Thread