Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Smoken Up and Im Themightyquinn accept Miracle Mile invitations

triplev123
    G'day Tony,
    It might be just his size, whatever it is...there's something about him (Franco Emirate) that reminds me of Melpark Major.
    On MM night he looked like a 3 headed Gorilla heading out to warm up. Big, strong, a long stride on him and I thought to myself how can they beat this? He went off at $1.30 and although he finished 3rd, to me he never ever looked like a winning chance at any stage in the race. I think you may have him pegged. He's physically mature but at the moment, mentally, maybe still not totally switched on. If he puts it all together, a horse of those physical dimensions really should be something to watch next time around.
    Last edited by triplev123; 01-04-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: G'day does not contain a 't'

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    [QUOTE=A BIT DUSTY;14975][QUOTE=aussiebreno;14966][QUOTE=A BIT DUSTY;14960]

Can anyone out there HELP POOR OLD BRENDAN . I think he is struggling to comprehend simple language.

You are missing the whole crux of my point and that is
    On he's currant form he had no mobile form and anyone that has half an idea about horses (and you obviously don't) would have great concern as to why that was so.
    So as a precaution the panel has played it safe and said come over and have a run if he goes OK we'll issue with a start.
    Now your ridiculous statement about me agreeing with on the travel clause only reinforces my already dwindling opinion of your harness knowledge.( just on that subject Brendan would you please, just for my amusement publish your expertise in training pacers) It actually proved that T T L is a horse that did not have what it takes to compete at that level, at this stage of his career

Let me help you out..
    The facts...
    Terror to Love has a record prior to tripping to Sydney...
    26 Starts...12 Wins....4 seconds.....3 thirds
    from those 26 starts and twelve wins His record behind the gate was 21 Satrts...10 wins
    Best winning time 1.55.00 rating over 1950 metres
    Best placed time 1.54.30 over 1 mile
    Ended 3yo season with a dead heat 1st with (the) Gold Ace mobile 1950 metres.

Yes he had his last 5 starts in New Zealand from a stand.
    These were his only standing start experience.
    A very plausible reason he has only had standing starts this campaign.....His aim being the NZ Cup. A standing start FFA.
    All lead up races for horses aiming for NZ Cup starts were Standing start events.
    There is no evidence whatever that Terror to Love has PROBLEMS with mobile racing for NSWHRC to consider him unworthy.
    I have previously expressed my view on automatic eligibilty of NZ up winners to the Miracle mile.

The simple facts of Terror to Love's effort in the Miracle Mile are...
    The conditions of the race set out a series of races where contenders must race.
    The NZ Cup was the horse's main target with a hope of a wildcard invite to the Miracle Mile.
    Only two outside invites were available as per the conditions and rightfully IO Smoken Up and ITMQ had earned these.
    Not getting an auto invite meant Terror to Love had to compete in the last gasp heat..(Cordina Sprint) where he ran gallantly for 2nd earning a place in the Mile.
    Previously very few horses out of the Cordina (Norm's Daughter excepted) back up well into the Miracle Mile. this along with rushed travel arrangements, poor acclimatisation to Oz conditions and being tired enough afterwards for him to lie down in his paddock for 2 days after getting home all led to / from his below par performance in the Miracle Mile.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Tony,
    It might be just his size, whatever it is...there's something about him (Franco Emirate) that reminds me of Melpark Major.
    On MM night he looked like a 3 headed Gorilla heading out to warm up. Big, strong, a long stride on him and I thought to myself how can they beat this? He went off at $1.30 and although he finished 3rd, to me he never ever looked like a winning chance at any stage in the race. I think you may have him pegged. He's physically mature but at the moment, mentally, maybe still not totally switched on. If he puts it all together, a horse of those physical dimensions really should be something to watch next time around.
    Jaimie...For sure he has the ability...
    Strong Winner of the Messenger after a sighter at the Auckland way of going in the Taylor Mile and 4yo jewels last season.
    Was one of the early favourites for the NZ Cup when Smoken Up's program was unknown he was pulled out of that early on when he just couldn't handle the stand starts.
    They had him in 3 heats at the workouts one day just for stand start practice. managed it 1 of 3 so no NZ Cup. ent out and won mobile FFA Cup day instead.
    That said I remember him losing over 100 metres at start of a race very early in his career stand start then killing his opposition.
    Having had that trip across the ditch, if you have a black book put his name at the top of each page with a highlighter pen. Next time you see him over there his reputation and your first impression will be justified I'm sure.
    ps..I was there when he was born and being a Franco horse I wondered all that night.(shift) whether I could lease him ....He was a great looking foal and looking back I thought him the best foal I handled that season. (out of 87). Only pegged one better since in 5 years and waiting for it to emerge...!!!!!

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    [QUOTE=teecee;15019][QUOTE=A BIT DUSTY;14975][QUOTE=aussiebreno;14966]
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post

Can anyone out there HELP POOR OLD BRENDAN . I think he is struggling to comprehend simple language.

You are missing the whole crux of my point and that is
    On he's currant form he had no mobile form and anyone that has half an idea about horses (and you obviously don't) would have great concern as to why that was so.
    So as a precaution the panel has played it safe and said come over and have a run if he goes OK we'll issue with a start.
    Now your ridiculous statement about me agreeing with on the travel clause only reinforces my already dwindling opinion of your harness knowledge.( just on that subject Brendan would you please, just for my amusement publish your expertise in training pacers) It actually proved that T T L is a horse that did not have what it takes to compete at that level, at this stage of his career

Let me help you out..
    The facts...
    Terror to Love has a record prior to tripping to Sydney...
    26 Starts...12 Wins....4 seconds.....3 thirds
    from those 26 starts and twelve wins His record behind the gate was 21 Satrts...10 wins
    Best winning time 1.55.00 rating over 1950 metres
    Best placed time 1.54.30 over 1 mile
    Ended 3yo season with a dead heat 1st with (the) Gold Ace mobile 1950 metres.

Yes he had his last 5 starts in New Zealand from a stand.
    These were his only standing start experience.
    A very plausible reason he has only had standing starts this campaign.....His aim being the NZ Cup. A standing start FFA.
    All lead up races for horses aiming for NZ Cup starts were Standing start events.
    There is no evidence whatever that Terror to Love has PROBLEMS with mobile racing for NSWHRC to consider him unworthy.
    I have previously expressed my view on automatic eligibilty of NZ up winners to the Miracle mile.

The simple facts of Terror to Love's effort in the Miracle Mile are...
    The conditions of the race set out a series of races where contenders must race.
    The NZ Cup was the horse's main target with a hope of a wildcard invite to the Miracle Mile.
    Only two outside invites were available as per the conditions and rightfully IO Smoken Up and ITMQ had earned these.
    Not getting an auto invite meant Terror to Love had to compete in the last gasp heat..(Cordina Sprint) where he ran gallantly for 2nd earning a place in the Mile.
    Previously very few horses out of the Cordina (Norm's Daughter excepted) back up well into the Miracle Mile. this along with rushed travel arrangements, poor acclimatisation to Oz conditions and being tired enough afterwards for him to lie down in his paddock for 2 days after getting home all led to / from his below par performance in the Miracle Mile.
    Good Post Tony.

I acknowledge the point's you have made for his poor MM run .
    The main reason I doubted his credentials to receive an auoto invite after the NZ Cup were his lack of dominate performances over the mile .
    I went back through his Mobile Mile form and seen were he had either had been beaten by Gold Ace or on one occasion managed to dead heat with him.
    Then I seen that he only beat a horse called Alchemy by a neck and wondered about his class over the mile from the Mobile.
    He'll probably come over and win the next 3 MM now and prove my form wrong, but on his Cordina, and MM runs this year I can't argue with him not getting an automatic invite

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Jaimie...For sure he has the ability...
    Strong Winner of the Messenger after a sighter at the Auckland way of going in the Taylor Mile and 4yo jewels last season.
    Was one of the early favourites for the NZ Cup when Smoken Up's program was unknown he was pulled out of that early on when he just couldn't handle the stand starts.
    They had him in 3 heats at the workouts one day just for stand start practice. managed it 1 of 3 so no NZ Cup. ent out and won mobile FFA Cup day instead.
    That said I remember him losing over 100 metres at start of a race very early in his career stand start then killing his opposition.
    Having had that trip across the ditch, if you have a black book put his name at the top of each page with a highlighter pen. Next time you see him over there his reputation and your first impression will be justified I'm sure.
    ps..I was there when he was born and being a Franco horse I wondered all that night.(shift) whether I could lease him ....He was a great looking foal and looking back I thought him the best foal I handled that season. (out of 87). Only pegged one better since in 5 years and waiting for it to emerge...!!!!!
    [VVV] G'day Tony. Having been there when he arrived, it must be a real buzz for you to now be watching him race. That's pretty special.
    Many develop over time of course but every so often there'll be a foal that comes along and it looks the goods virtually from the moment they stand up to take their first drink.
    We've got an American Ideal colt foal here that I actually delivered, he got himself a bit stuck there for a few moments, & he has been a star from day one. Previous to him was a Christian Cullen filly from back in the 2011/12 season.

+ Reply to Thread