Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where does Harness Racing rank amongst the World's Most Popular Sports?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Where does Harness Racing rank amongst the World's Most Popular Sports?

Of course any such list will always be debatable what with different definitions of Popular
    And with such lists of sports, position can vary greatly:
    On the Top 100 list that I am using, they have Water Polo 99 while on another Top 25 list they have it at 24.
    Road Cycling is 90 and Track Cycling is 97 while the Top 25 has Cycling at 13.
    F1 racing is 65 but on the other 11
    When it comes to Hockey they are back to front - one has Field Hockey 7 and Ice Hockey 18 while the other has Ice Hockey 6 and Field Hockey 19 (with Lacrosse!!!! in between at 14!!!!)

I am not going to tell you where they have Harness racing on this list yet
    I might give a few hints before I do
    I admit to choosing this list purely because it goes to 100 (and all the top 10 lists are pretty much the same and of course do not include us)
    The 100 list is 7 years old (while the 25 list is recent but American without being too biased)

I am moving us up a couple of places because I do not consider Chess (10) and Checkers (58) sports

Without doing any research, see if you can guess the Top 5 - the same sports (different order) both lists
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    To pick the Top 5 you only need to consider these
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    To guess where they rate Harness Racing you should know that Thoroughbred Racing ranks 30 (after I take out Chess) and on the other 25 Top list it doesn't rate (But Lacrosse and Hurling do!?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    AFL is 50

The ratings are based on the number of webhits for popular search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Wikipedia, Amazon, YouTube and Baidu
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As I stated earlier, I have removed Chess and Checkers

I am also moving it up 2 more places as I cannot find any sport called Shunty and I cannot see how Sprint Running is not included in Athletics

So Harness Racing comes in somewhere around

https://trenzl.com/sports/

https://list25.com/25-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread