Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GHRRA MkII + 1: Not again, surely?

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Totally agree with all the above 2 comment's
    [VVV] Hey Greg, who's the best Steward or Stewards working out your way do you think?

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    In further news (& sorry it is so late in coming as I was told this at around mid day but have been next door helping my neighbour bust up some concrete slabs) I now hear it will be limited to the Stewards only, as in they will all fall under the control of PV/a new body. That I don't have a problem with at all. In fact I think it is an excellent idea.
    I'm confused. If the stewards of all 3 codes are consolidated to a new body, I can't see PVL quitting RacingNSW to just run stewards. For PVL to be involved it would mean the gallops are taking over stewarding or harness is contracting the responsibility out to the gallops. Either way the dogs would be a bit cheesed off or have I read this thread wrong and does it refer to gallops/trots stewards only?

triplev123
    I don't know the specifics of it coldshot but I believe the thrust of it all is that Peter would provide the Stewards for all 3 codes. I very much doubt that he would leave Racing NSW to do so, rather it would be an adjunct to that operation, one which he would charge a fee for the provision of I guess.
    As much as it greatly pains me to acknowledge it, I believe the NSW TB Stewards are...with two or three notable Harness Racing exceptions, superior to the majority of Stewards that we have had in Harness Racing here in NSW since pretty much as far back as I can remember.
    Further, I believe both recent, not too distant past and verging on historical events have borne out exactly this viewpoint. They also seem to be able to command a greater level of respect than many of our Stewards have been able to.
    For example, Owners, Trainers, Jockeys and persons of general interest don't feel they're free to go into the TB Stewards Room at Rosehill or Randwick or wherever, threaten to physically harm those present then turn their rage on an innocent recording device that had all the while been sitting upon the table, minding its own business.

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Thanks VVV. I agree with VOR then, that the panels will need to be separate for it to have a chance of working. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. I can see people having more confidence through gallops involvement and the professionalism of their setup and personnel however the devil will be in the detail of how it all works. I don't know about the WA experience but I hope it doesn't take 3 years to arrive at the same result here. Shame really in some ways, no matter how its spun it will be seen as trots not being able to keep its own house. Unfortunately as you point out, history is against us. Greyhounds must be laughing/crying into their kibble.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Did you get my message triple
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Did you get my message triple
    [VVV] Yes mate. Have replied. Sorry to be so slow.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by coldshot View Post
    Thanks VVV. I agree with VOR then, that the panels will need to be separate for it to have a chance of working. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. I can see people having more confidence through gallops involvement and the professionalism of their setup and personnel however the devil will be in the detail of how it all works. I don't know about the WA experience but I hope it doesn't take 3 years to arrive at the same result here. Shame really in some ways, no matter how its spun it will be seen as trots not being able to keep its own house. Unfortunately as you point out, history is against us. Greyhounds must be laughing/crying into their kibble.
    [VVV] Yes, we should not kid ourselves as far as there being a VERY, VERY significant element of 'never let a good crisis go to waste' in relation to any moves that are made in this direction. However, in all fairness to Peter, I believe that he has long thought along those lines, certainly ever since he left Glebe Gulch and probably for some time before then. Given recent events he would have instinctively known that the timing was perfect to come forward and propose something like this. I'm in two minds about it. I think things definitely must be changed so that never again will be have such nefarious behaviour occurring....but at the same time I am not so sure that multi-code Stewards as a cost saving mechanism is a particularly good idea. I think there's already periodically enough trouble with the interpretation and administration of Harness Racing rules and this from people who do nothing else but officiate on Harness Racing. Of course, the persons best placed to know for certain if it would work or not are the Stewards themselves, although given the dastardly deeds of a couple of their former colleagues in recent and perhaps not so recent times I doubt that they will have a great deal of say in the matter.

triplev123

Latest from the corridors of power in Maquarie Street is...

...that this has been clubbed over the head

like a Mutton Bird Chick that ventured from its burrow sans the ability to fly.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    They have to take it out of the hands of the clowns running them now rorts have become part and pacel of all 3 codes at one time or another but harness racing is miles ahead in the rorting stakes simply because the powers to be turned a blind eye to it for decades.
    I think they should get P morris, G Lang and take your pick the 3rd to clean up the game as lets face it these 2 are sqeeky clean and wouldnt think of doing the wrong thing
    Last edited by ringman; 09-15-2011 at 01:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread