Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sundons Gift

Junior Member Weanling Iraklis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rae Tupaea

Sundons Gift

K K where's the latest on Sundons Gift what happened to him??? can't find a skeric of news on his shock withdrawl last night..........I mean, I mean, I thought he was vet checked after his failure last week, and they didn't find anything, then last night the news comes through that he was withdrawn on veterinary advice.........

Cheers Iraklis

nat
    He looked very stiff in the hind gate on Trackside/Sky last night when they had vision of him being walked in the stall area looked tied up a bit

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    They say he tied up from eating to much grass, that's a very average excuse.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    They say he tied up from eating to much grass, that's a very average excuse.
    Average but could well be true, although being grazers horses always foraging for food. Probably more precise to say "lush" grass.

Flashing Red
    Maybe that is the case, but I have always found too much grain / not enough work / living in a stable to cause tying up. Never had one from good grass? Heard of founder, yes, from good grass.... but tying up????

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Red - Down this way I have had the odd horse tye up with lush fresh grass. It mostly occurs in the spring down here in the deep south but up north it can occur anytime.

Flashing Red
    Fair enough. I was in NZ once before, how green everything was the first thing that stuck out for me! Horses for courses, but, as racehorses, should they be out eating grass all day???? (Talking in general terms, not about Sundon's Gift) Or can this happen with only being out for an hour or two. I guess the people I have worked with have monitored the "green" intake of their horses - either in a paddock for an hour or two or no paddock time (as none were available) but a small wedge of hay for lunch. Partly for weight control and partly not to have a belly full of grass/hay come race day.

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Sundons Gift won a workout against two others at Pukekohe today over 2500 clocking 3-24.6 going right handed. I couldn't get to the stables to see Chris after the race so I don't know how he pulled up. Do you have any info Duanne?

Flashing Red
    Why hasn't he headed back to Australia? Are there more big races for him there???

+ Reply to Thread