Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goodtime Slater impressive on debut

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up Goodtime Slater impressive on debut

Puppet's got another smart one to steer.
    Goodtime Slater, gate to wire on debut at Geelong in smart time for a 2yo over 2100m.
    By American Ideal from a Life Sign mare from a French Chef mare from a Toliver Hanover mare and dare I run with it....the late George Aiken's well worn cry "From the family of Cardigan Bay!"...this branch originally imported to Oz from NZ in the early 1960's by Ron Croghan in the form of the 1955 foaled mare, Scottish Pigeon.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Just another 2yo winner from that juvenile factory that is Team Stewart/ Tonkin!!! They just keep producing smart 2yo's. Any more I wonder?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

There's the 3 x 3 to Three Diamonds too.

For sure, they have quite an exceptional record with youngsters.
    Season in, Season out they produce the goods. That's yet another a very exciting youngster.
    I just LOVE his gait too btw. It's a way of going that the patriach of his sire and damsire's maternal line, Bill Shehan, looked for when he was developing the family.
    I remember it being referred to as the kind of gait that allowed them to go fast.
    Many of Bill Shehan's mares, who were sold as a package along with the farm to George Segal back in the mid 1980's, have been responsible for the subsequent success of Brittany Fams, the breeders of both American Ideal and Life Sign.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Good to know Jamie- American Ideal's NA stats from Life Sign mares is 11 foals for 9 winners but none that are outstanding yet and they cheat a little as they don't register all their foals! Still I'm happy as I have an AI over LS yearling filly from a bit of a "what the heck" moment at the sales! (But she needs to grow some or she'll qualify for mini trots just about)

+ Reply to Thread