Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: glaucine + tests

Member Gelding richard1955 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    richard ducharme

glaucine + tests

Seeing opulent yankee just won the open trot @ The Meadowlands under the "miller" banner ? it makes you ask "what happened" ? to the + test both Burke and Miller received in NY ?

Was there ever a FINAL decision ? or is this another example where the "results" are "appealed" FOREVER, or until people just lose interest ?

And why is she racing @ any Gural track ? given his PUBLIC stand on PED's ?

Both these trainer's have had multiple + tests over many years. And considering opulent yankee is obviously being "prepped" for another european campaign ? The question should be WHY any european race sec would invite Maria Sharapova to their race ?

Real Name
    richard ducharme
    Understand that I am not saying OY isn't a great mare ? I will use FRESH YANKEE as comparison (who I raced against several times) and am very familiar with her and Joe O'brian AND Sanders Russel before him.

Sure, it was a different time, with different equipment, and for that matter different "meds"

The difference NOW, is that sports medication both equine and human has become a high tech and high "stakes" science.

WHO ever heard of glaucine ? NOBODY unless you went LOOKING for it ? or some other "chemical" advantage that gives them a artificial "edge" over their competition. Certain trainer's seem to have that "rep" on the backstretch. Whatever the latest is ? they have.

Where horses from FY era might have used medications ( bute, aspirin, and I admit probably others). Now the large stables are like Formula One Racing Teams that "tinker" with their "fuel mix" as if "rocket science" (which it is). With less concern about making a "profit", and more with trophies and bragging rights.

Ferrari vs owner/trainers that simply can't afford, or morally object to using "things" known to exist.

All I suggest is that there is a LOT of confusion and disagreement over what training methods (trotting hobbles), or medications (lazix) can or should be allowed ? here or there ? until INTERNATIONAL racing comes up with a uniform policy where records like BOLD EAGLE's wins @ 1 mile, either in Sweden or France use the same testing standards (or the other way around) as they do @ The Poconos or Meadowlands ? Then it is like comparing apples to oranges ?

Horses were bred and born to be better, better. That is what "genetics" science are all about. But that get's clouded when the major stables
    and trainer's "pre-race" the genetics with PEDS to create artificially HIGH standards by means and/or methods other's can't or will not use.

And then these artificial accomplishments are "added" to the mix as genetic improvements thou falsely earned by stallions and mares on PEDs

So as we all get ready for another season of going faster and faster ? Consider if any of these records mean ANYTHING if they don't pass the "smell" test ? or do you always detect a "whiff" of jet fuel around certain stables and horses ?

IMHO
    R DuCHARME

Real Name
    richard ducharme
    opps, didn't proof-read my reply. Obviously OY is a gelding. FY being a mare

+ Reply to Thread