+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mr Feelgood and the Victorian race

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired

Mr Feelgood and the Victorian race

Mr Feelgood winning the Victorian race shows that the Australian trainers are the best in the World. They have made that horse do something he could not do in the US and that is toughness. Do not get me wrong as he was a decent horse here in the US and trained by the very best here Jimmy Takter, winning the Little Brown Jug, the Graduate etc but he was never tough, he was a sit sprinter and could not do any work in a race. He was also a bit lucky to win The Little Brown Jug as there was interference in that race and it was a very ordinary Little Brown Jug that year. I just watched the Victorian race online and I could not believe it. It was either an amazing run or the horses down there are just not as good as I thought they were or the horse has improved a huge amount which is the most likely case. Then there is the other question, "Just how good are the Australian trainers?" The Australian trainers here in the States, Ross Croghan, Brett Pelling (gone now) Noel Daley, Justin Abbott (gone now) just to mention some are always up to tricks and spending time on the sidelines. But nobody is denying that they are still the very very best trainers in the World!

nat
    This horse is now a world-beater he's won top races in both Hemispheres the Butts resurrected his career now he has developed toughness under the McCarthy's. I think that in the Southern Hemisphere we train and race standardbreds to their true attributes that they were developed for speed, endurance and toughness. There has to be more Mr Feelgood’s up in the Northern Hemisphere that can and could make it down under and boost a stud career after their 2yld & 3yld stakes days are over.
    Last edited by nat; 12-19-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Member Yearling jsday will become famous soon enough jsday's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    sales
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Johnson View Post
    Mr Feelgood winning the Victorian race shows that the Australian trainers are the best in the World. They have made that horse do something he could not do in the US and that is toughness. Do not get me wrong as he was a decent horse here in the US and trained by the very best here Jimmy Takter, winning the Little Brown Jug, the Graduate etc but he was never tough, he was a sit sprinter and could not do any work in a race. He was also a bit lucky to win The Little Brown Jug as there was interference in that race and it was a very ordinary Little Brown Jug that year. I just watched the Victorian race online and I could not believe it. It was either an amazing run or the horses down there are just not as good as I thought they were or the horse has improved a huge amount which is the most likely case. Then there is the other question, "Just how good are the Australian trainers?" The Australian trainers here in the States, Ross Croghan, Brett Pelling (gone now) Noel Daley, Justin Abbott (gone now) just to mention some are always up to tricks and spending time on the sidelines. But nobody is denying that they are still the very very best trainers in the World!
    I notice almost all trainers you mention have multiple positives for illegal drugs. and most have served significant suspensions...

+ Reply to Thread