Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shark Gesture leaves his first winner

triplev123

Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone.

You know something Justdoit?
    If you really knew your stuff you'd never have said that.
    He may not have been the prettiest, maybe not the point to point fastest/most brilliant and his owner/s may not be the easiest of personalities to deal with however it is an inescapable fact that the horse was...without any shadow of a doubt whatsoever...mentally & physically one of if not THE toughest Pacers to have looked through a bridle in the last decade or more. To refer to him as Shark Bait reflects very poorly, not upon the horse, but rather...upon you.

triplev123
    ...and incidentally, I've no dog in the fight here other than having always been a big fan of the horse and so having a current 2yo daughter of his who will never race because of a bad knee. That's where it all begins and ends.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi TripleV123,
    Just my opinion. A good/great race horse is an awesome thing to see, but being a good/great sire or broodmare is a completely different matter.IMO

triplev123
    No question about that Justdoit.
    See...how about that? If we make an effort we can always find some common ground.
    As good as they are on the track they'll all go back to a Maiden Grade in the breeding barn.
    It's still early days yet of course & making things more difficult is the fact that he only has a very small Northern Hemisphere debut crop (43 current 2yos).
    Even so, by around December 2011-January 2012 we'll have gotten a pretty good idea if he has the goods to go on to bigger and better things. After all, the great Christian Cullen made his NZ siring debut with a crop of only 3 more (46).

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Will you breed the 2 yr old filly, if yes to what sire?

triplev123
    Yes, she'll be bred this coming season.
    Still have to go over it with my Dad & my Brotherof course & I've had a few changes of mind as to which horse I think would suit her best. Not all that surprisingly she's a pretty big lump of a mare and is getting bigger, very powerfully built, maybe just a little bit on the coarse side bone wise. The structural refinement that a horse like Shadow Play shows would suit her really well I think. I also like the extension he has to his gait...I think you can see the Matt's Scooter coming through in him there...and I like his leg speed too.
    For an idea of what I'm getting at, check out the US Pacing Ch'ship. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QcQTwngrrs and watch as they roll down the backstretch, he takes a leader's back sit from just after the half (?) then in particular watch the speed of the horse's legs when Miller pulls the pocket from behind Bettor Sweet at around the 3/4's. So slick, so quick. That's the current idea anyway.

+ Reply to Thread