Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoken up lightning mile

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps

Smoken up lightning mile

Words can't describe this beast of a Champion !
    Wow!!!!!!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Trigger certainly has earned Aussie legend status, his sub 1;50 pre MM and now this at this stage of his career, mind boggling really, congratulations to all involved, trigger is doing Cardigan Bay type stuff when the game has changed so much nobody thought it was possible to see that again. absolutely bloody OUTSTANDING!!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Big crowd there last night and great to see them all acknowledge him after the race.

Age might weary his body but certainly not his courage and will to win.

10 out of 10 new Ballarat track. Hasn't been a place where he's shown his best before because maybe didn't handle the old bends. First start on new track last night and handled it OK. 26.2 first 1/4 and most of it round a bend. Maintained his speed coming off back into last bend and he just kept finding something and smashed the track record.

Great night. My sons enthusiasm, excitement and admiration of him highly contagious.

Nothing better than watching a brave horse run. And he the bravest of the brave.

GO TRIGGER!!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    The lead photo from the Ballarat article by Len Baker is priceless http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia/-23.
    You could be excused for thinking the Champ is taking a bow for the crowd.
    What a ham.....lol

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    As Gareth Hall put it...

"Love him...but he's lost that intimidation factor in Victoria - Restrepo and K Cullen too
    good now."

As Katy Perry puts it...

"I got the eye of the tiger, the fire, dancing through the fire
    Cos I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar
    Louder, louder than a lion
    Cos I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar"

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Gareth Hall would be gobsmacked lol. What amazes me, is the brutal racing that Trigger has always had over the years, not only to still be racing, but to be running those times... That deserves a standing ovation to put it lightly. Bravo Trigger

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Great Horse..... how do they keep him going that fast and strong year after year. Must take hours of work and a special training regime.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by DRUIDRACING View Post
    Great Horse..... how do they keep him going that fast and strong year after year. Must take hours of work and a special training regime.
    Very special horses like Smoken Up are just freaks of nature, we see it in humans were some can swin,run or jump and their siblings are hopeless.
    Lance has reported before that SU is easy to train once he gets him fit, infact the slow ones he reckons take longer to work on.

We are lucky to be able to watch him, as some of the past champs were before my time and I can only read about them and their feats.

Over the last few years we have been blessed with Black Caviar, Smoken Up, Im themightyquinn, Makybe Diva to name a few......all freaks of nature

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    I remember Lance Justice in an interview a year or so ago picked "Titanium" as the song for Smoken Up. Perfect choice.
    All credit to Lance for believing in the champ and not giving up, that's a trait they both share they never give up.
    He knows his charge better than anyone else and again they come back and silence the doubters.
    Another track record to his mantle at 11 definitely a freak of nature.

+ Reply to Thread