Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nsw Oaks

triplev123
    Hey,...in that clip, is it just me or does Freddy Mercury look a Hell of a lot like old school Alan Galloway only with a black dye job on his hair and moustache?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Buster

Yeah i was told just after christmas but wasn't sure if there was any substance behind it so didn't say anything but i believe there all over (stallion station) and to be honest who would take M3 on at that price with RNHanover, RNHeaven, Bettor's, Art Major, Sportswriter all cheaper. I own a M3 mare but for me i can't see how he can command double what they pay in Canada thats just a joke he should be $8,000 max.

triplev123
    G'day Mango,
    The hardest part about Mach Three is not the fee so much as it is the repeated number of services & so the time and extra expense involved in getting your mare in foal. He does get them eventually but it seems to take him at least 2 & often 3 attempts each and sometimes for whatever reason the ordered semen just doesn't arrive at all. I'm guessing that the latter is because he doesn't give big volumes to start with and then from time to time the timing of the mares cycling is such that it conspires to see him get swamped with a heap of requests on the same day so some mares just get dropped off the list. Unavoidable things such as that happen from time to time with virtually every farm that stands an in-demand horse...and they'd be lying to you if they said it didn't... so he's not alone there. In 2009/10 season in Oz he served 76 mares via transported semen and he notably he got 63 of them in foal (a smashing 82.9%) for a final result of 53 live foals. If we're fair and allot him a marker of 2.25 serves per mare on average to achieve PTIF...then I'd hazzard a guess that the 63 mares that went in foal to him were collectively served up in the vicinity of 140 times. As an aside, I had a good look at a few of them in Sydney and really liked Eric Basham's colt, Lot 401. Typical of Eric's youngsters, he had plenty of muscle & bone to him plus he was really light over the ground, a really classy horse. Went for 21k to Mitchell Lenaghan.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Yeah Lot 401 was prepared by a mate of mine and i seen him a few time's in the 6wks whilst he was there he got the same feed as the others and ate like there was know tommorrow but never bulked up like they wanted but that was just the make of him.

triplev123
    He was a classy type. I'd be very surprised if he didn't show up next year. Eric's a good bloke, breeds some damned nice horses too.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    10 weeks 10 weeks 10 weeks, just for you Mango

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Your getting ripped or you don't know what your doing ??????

+ Reply to Thread