Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NSW/VIC TAB- their biggest issue is a God damned Logo??????????

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

NSW/VIC TAB- their biggest issue is a God damned Logo??????????

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=99979

QUOTE-
    The new branding will be positioned in the marketplace with a series of TAB advertisements across all forms of media, highlighting TAB's unique ability to create ‘magic moments'.

"The new logo unifies our brands, reflects our continued innovation and aims to create a closer and more emotional connection with our customers," Tabcorp's Chief Executive Officer, David Attenborough said.

"We've embraced the opportunity to present a fresh and innovative face to the wagering marketplace for what is one of Australia's truly iconic brands."

The changes will see many of Tabcorp's approximately 2800 retail outlets and 260 racing venues across both states progressively rebadged. END QUOTE

[VVV] Give me a freaking break.
    Talk about a steaming great load of OLD BOLLOCKS!

Hey David...here's a novel idea.
    How about putting some people on to tour around your 2800 retail outlets and 260 racing venues, get them in their Company Cars & driving around visiting all those TAB's, PubTAB's, ClubTAB's & race tracks....making sure that they pin the God damned Harness Form to their boards on a regular basis?

I'll tell you something for free. That'd sure be a MAGIC MOMENT for me as I'm sure it would also be a MAGIC MOMENT for most if not all Harness Racing participants, Punters & Fans.

Jesus wept. A colour change to a Logo and all is well??????????
    Reminds me of Judges 13:1. Our Industry has been delivered into the hands of The Philistines.
    Last edited by Triple V; 08-20-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    That press release sounds like it was written by one of Rudds old speach writters. Nothing but pure BS !
    I'm sure it was just the old logo that was turning punters away !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    KPI ticking exercise nothing more, nothing less

aussiebreno
    The new website is turning people away.

VVV I see you complained about it the other day, I have since found out you can visit old.tab.com.au to get the old version. Not sure how long it will last.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

VVV I see you complained about it the other day, I have since found out you can visit old.tab.com.au to get the old version. Not sure how long it will last.
    How do you access the old site Brendan? I thought we lost that opportunity when the old logo disappeared from the new web site. It is possibly the WORST website in existence and I will happily tell them for free that turnover on my part has dropped dramatically because of their 'innovative' page.

I even give them the feedback they ask for and surprise, surprise, they don't even acknowledge the messages...guess they don't like what I am saying.

I was in a sports bar in Brisvegas last week and wanted to watch the last couple at Menangles twilight meeting. Flash screens, formguide provided, plush surroundings but instead of hearing the dulcet tones of 'doinmybest' we were getting smashed with loud rock 'n' roll music. Said to old mate behind the bar, how about a bit of volume, the reply was "we only have the live broadcast on early in the day". Just goes to show you the contempt punters have to endure. These pricks should have certain conditions in place before they are given terminals and they should be reviewed on an ongoing basis and they SHOULD BE REMOVED if they don't meet the conditions. The next pub down the road will happily take over the opportunity (and I know Qld is not part of the topic before someone points that out)

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    How do you access the old site Brendan? I thought we lost that opportunity when the old logo disappeared from the new web site. It is possibly the WORST website in existence and I will happily tell them for free that turnover on my part has dropped dramatically because of their 'innovative' page.

I even give them the feedback they ask for and surprise, surprise, they don't even acknowledge the messages...guess they don't like what I am saying.

I was in a sports bar in Brisvegas last week and wanted to watch the last couple at Menangles twilight meeting. Flash screens, formguide provided, plush surroundings but instead of hearing the dulcet tones of 'doinmybest' we were getting smashed with loud rock 'n' roll music. Said to old mate behind the bar, how about a bit of volume, the reply was "we only have the live broadcast on early in the day". Just goes to show you the contempt punters have to endure. These pricks should have certain conditions in place before they are given terminals and they should be reviewed on an ongoing basis and they SHOULD BE REMOVED if they don't meet the conditions. The next pub down the road will happily take over the opportunity (and I know Qld is not part of the topic before someone points that out)
    old.tab.com.au

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    KPI ticking exercise nothing more, nothing less
    [VVV] SPOT ON THE MONEY there Dan.
    I've long been convinced that the TAB has inherited and is still haunted by the very worst of both the Public Service & Corporate mentalities, with the latter seemingly attuned to that which pervaded 1980's Australia.
    Inexplicably it still has the classic knock out any old crap, don't worry, it doesn't matter because and you've got a job for life mentality that was so ingrained in the place prior to it being privatised only now it has a thin veneer of 'White Shoe Brigade' corporate governance with double fisted super wank terminology being throw out there in order to create the illusion of change for the better and of progress.
    Seriously, my Sainted Aunt, here they are...1 after the other. Please pass the Stematil.

The new branding will be positioned in the marketplace with a series of TAB advertisements across all forms of media, highlighting TAB's unique ability to create ‘magic moments'.

"The new logo unifies our brands, reflects our continued innovation and aims to create a closer and more emotional connection with our customers," Tabcorp's Chief Executive Officer, David Attenborough said.

"We've embraced the opportunity to present a fresh and innovative face to the wagering marketplace for what is one of Australia's truly iconic brands."

The changes will see many of Tabcorp's approximately 2800 retail outlets and 260 racing venues across both states progressively rebadged.

Is it just me?....or does anyone else have an image of Televangelist Benny Hinn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4jSVsSJUc jump into the heads whilst reading this?

"Get up outa your wheelchair my child...feel the power of the brand, we've changed our Logo, you will be saved".

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

[VVV] Old TAB eh? Thanks Breno. I don't quite know whether to be insulted...or not.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Old TAB eh? Thanks Breno. I don't quite know whether to be insulted...or not.
    Perhaps I should have said original and best.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hahahaha. You just hit a raw nerve. It's the cold mornings. These days I get out of bed creaking and groaning like an old door.

+ Reply to Thread