+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Menangle - your feedback

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Big mistake Menangle they thought the people would come to the track instead of taking the track to the people HP was wasnt the answer but by going so far out of Sydney they just put another nail in the head of harness racing. its doomed the sport will fold up very smartly.

I laugh when they say a plunge on so and so these days from 10s to 5s (probably a grand went on) once you could get 20k on a evens fav at Bankstown and it would start bigger odds so strong was the ring then.

The Inghams saw the future and got out quick smart

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    country trainers being able to have at least 3or4 starts in a row
    with their horses & not being able to back up week in week out
    like city trainers to get youst of track & speed

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Bloody hell it's a bit scary for me when I start having the same thoughts as Triple . lol
    Yes it's scary , but , all in all , Triple is not a bad old stick

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    God help me When i read this thread the first thing that come to mind was off and on ramps from the Freeway , Low and behold I scroll down and the first thing that I read is the exact same from VVV , Bloody hell it's a bit scary for me when I start having the same thoughts as Triple . lol

[VVV] People like you and I Denny, we cannot help but be ahead of the wave. This is our lot in life my friend, it is the Cross which me must bear.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by ringman View Post
    Big mistake Menangle they thought the people would come to the track instead of taking the track to the people HP was wasnt the answer but by going so far out of Sydney they just put another nail in the head of harness racing. its doomed the sport will fold up very smartly.

I laugh when they say a plunge on so and so these days from 10s to 5s (probably a grand went on) once you could get 20k on a evens fav at Bankstown and it would start bigger odds so strong was the ring then.

The Inghams saw the future and got out quick smart
    [VVV] You know full well that was not their primary objective Greg...despite the inescapable fact that the Macarthur district & surrounds is home to one of the fastest growing populations in all of NSW. Take the track to the people? Doomed? Hahahahahaha. What sort of abject crap is that?
    You know, I'm beginning to suspect that you might have an alter-ego who is currently on the Board of HRNSW or that you are pretty close to the same, someone that never stops banging on about the merits of that dusty, tight & freaking flat turned verging on Goat track close to Bankstown Airport. The sport has well & truly moved on from that sort of thing Brother. Time that you got over it lest you cause yourself a further gnashing of teeth and more wringing of the hands. As for the Inghams, mate...to my knowledge nobody is stopping you or anyone else for that matter from following Bob & the late Jack's lead. If you don't like it...bugger off.
    On the very eve of Prizemoney going through the roof, ushering in an unprecedented era of much greater returns to owners & top quality racing on offer virtually every week of the year, Trooper... if you can't see the upside then I fear even if it began to rain gold, you'd be the one who'd be out & about, complaining about the weather.

Flashing Red
    On course stabling facilities/living quarters

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] You know full well that was not their primary objective Greg...despite the inescapable fact that the Macarthur district & surrounds is home to one of the fastest growing populations in all of NSW. Take the track to the people? Doomed? Hahahahahaha. What sort of abject crap is that?
    Why the hell would you want the showcase of the sport in Menangle where nobody wants to go

You know, I'm beginning to suspect that you might have an alter-ego who is currently on the Board of HRNSW or that you are pretty close to the same, someone that never stops banging on about the merits of that dusty, tight & freaking flat turned verging on Goat track close to Bankstown Airport.
    Sorry wrong again (you make a habit of that) go back and read if thats possible whenever i mention Bankstown its always about how strong the ring was

The sport has well & truly moved on from that sort of thing Brother. Time that you got over it lest you cause yourself a further gnashing of teeth and more wringing of the hands. As for the Inghams, mate...to my knowledge nobody is stopping you or anyone else for that matter from following Bob & the late Jack's lead. If you don't like it...bugger off.

Now who is the one going on like some maniac gnashing their teeth ? you.......... so if you dont like my posts then you bugger off and dont answer

On the very eve of Prizemoney going through the roof, ushering in an unprecedented era of much greater returns to owners & top quality racing on offer virtually every week of the year,

Let me educate you here Einstein
    now matter how much they increase prizemoney that is not what will make the sport survive because without punters investing its doomed and cant survive punters have been deserting the sport for a decade and will continue because gallops will put a lid on the coffin of Harness racing within 15 yrs because its run by admin who know how to get people investing.

Trooper... if you can't see the upside then I fear even if it began to rain gold, you'd be the one who'd be out & about, complaining about the weather.

NAAAAAAAAA i would be complaining the gold is falling through my umbrella
    Now run along and stop throwing the rattle out of the pram

triplev123
    How's that new Water Truck going?
    Have you given it back to Bansktown Council yet?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    2 trips to Menangle now for me and me young son. We're from Vic so should have a long list complaints just to spite those north of border. 'Unfortunately' ZERO complaints. Great venue, great racing. Back again next year for sure... Love it !!!

+ Reply to Thread