Thread: Breeding ( nz)

Junior Member Foal pukpuk will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    tony armstrong
    Occupation
    Teacher, part time breeder

Breeding ( nz)

Breeding (New Zealand)

Its getting close now to making that final choice. I know many of these questions will have been answered previously, but any opinions would be gratefully read and digested.

Does anyone have info now on how the 'new sires' are going in the USA/Canada. I know there has been mention of Jereme's Jet here - are his results still stacking up? How about others such as Lis Mara, American Ideal,Shark Gesture Stonebridge Regal etc. What are your impressions of their offspring?

Also with so many sires with rising 2 yrs olds and yearlings - who has impressed - by stamping their offspring?

triplev123
    Jeremes Jet has made a very good start & American Ideal is absolutely powering along with this 2yo crop, his 2nd, after having swept the Eternal Camnation divisions at Mohawk over the weekend.
    Not so certain about either Lis Mara or Stonebridge Regal...both had 1 or 2 make encouraging & early debuts but they seem to have burned bright & gone again just as quickly. Lis Mara had a crop of 117 foals and Mel Mara's the only really good one so far. Stonebridge Regal is a bit of an imposter IMO, both as a racehorse and now as a sire.He has had 85 current 2yos & I've seen nothing by him, colt or filly, that would be even a remote chance of going with the real killers of their divisions who are pacing down around the 1:51's-1:52's.
    Shark Gesture, geeze, it's no secret I love the horse and as such I'm probably not his most objective assessor but I will say this...if you look up the word Courage in the dictionary it'll say 'see Shark Gesture'. His son Best Ears put in a big 1st over & uncovered grind at Mohawk on Saturday night to finish a game 2nd in the 2nd Nassagaweya div. He races like his old man.
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-23-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Foals Starters Winners
    Jeremes Jet 119 57 12
    Lis Mara 117 59 11
    American Ideal 109 65 15
    Real Desire 74 35 17
    Shark Gesture 43 13 3
    Stonebridge Regal 84 33 4

All number's from USTA website up to date to today and are 2yo figures only
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 08-23-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I Broke in a lovely American Ideal colt who has the appearence and ability to run early, he's headed up north somewhere. Also drove a American Ideal in work a week or two ago and his gait was lovely - strong and solid.

triplev123
    Keep talking like that Don C. We've got 3 on the way, 1 of them is due in the next two or three weeks.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    I swore to all and sundry that this season I was not breeding. I was going to buy at ready to run and yearling sales, so my mares were given to friends who are breeding this year. Anyway, one of my mates has gone to American Ideal and over a wine/whiskey I was telling him about 2-3 American Ideal yearlings I have had something to do with and extolling their virtues. I have now gone in half share with him!! When will I learn?

triplev123
    Hahahahahaha. You tried to be a hard arse but, like all the rest of us, you're a victim for them. Nice work Don C. Cheeky Shiraz and a nice Malt will do it to you every time. They should hand it out at the Yearling Sales, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread