Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hunter Cup 2019

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I noticed with the dining options for tonight that if you wanted to be in the Legends Room you would want to be a drinker as the only option was $125 per person with drinks

https://www.summerofglory.com.au/aghuntercupdining/

Kevin - this is standard for all major meetings (Hunter Cup, Vic Cup, Great Southern Star, the Interdom in December etc), and has always been the case since the move to Melton.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    Kevin - this is standard for all major meetings (Hunter Cup, Vic Cup, Great Southern Star, the Interdom in December etc), and has always been the case since the move to Melton.
    Not good enough then Carol. We were not interested in drinking as we were continuing on to Melbourne after the cup
    We were able to purchase a dining package at the Ballarat Cup and simply pay for/order (or not) the drinks we wanted
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Agree not good enough, I’m a non drinker and I don’t find paying a premium for a meal to subsidise those who drink an attractive option. Likewise as an owner I receive no benefit from being offered free drinks if I attend Tabcorp Park Melton when my horses are entered. Admittedly residing in WA I’m not likely to be attending very often but more effort is required from Tabcorp Park Melton to offer packages and benefits that suit everyone not just the easy option of offering up free or cheap alcoholic beverages that suit some.

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Not good enough then Carol. We were not interested in drinking as we were continuing on to Melbourne after the cup
    We were able to purchase a dining package at the Ballarat Cup and simply pay for/order (or not) the drinks we wanted

On normal race meetings it is possible to book for the buffet with or without a drinks package. As I advised, the major meeting are always all inclusive.
    Your other option is to book in the Bistro on the ground floor.
    If you have an alternate suggestion, perhaps you should contact Gayle, the general manager at TABCORP Park to discuss options.
    I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with the situation, but you won't get anything changed by commenting on this forum - TABCORP Park has been open for about 7 years and this is the history.
    I note Messenger's comment about Ballarat but all clubs are run independently and Ballarat (and Cranbourne) both offer a dining only option.

Cheers

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Contact, I will do but don't underestimate the power of social media Carol
    Mine was a last minute decision to go and I could not bring myself to pay $70 for a buffet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread