Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A G Hunter Cup and Great Southern Star 2024

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I like a big card too, it was just with the 2 heats, the draw for the final and then the final of the Great Southern Star, I felt the Hunter Cup got a bit lost
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Great race the southern star. I read Pat paid a huge amount for the horse & good luck to him. Great run Just Believe as well , he does it tough & digs in deep every start.

Well done to Grant Dixon & team with LTF.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This was Vics biggest night of the year - the racenight TV coverage was VG, the stars were there and the weather good BUT we have to pull more than 2,000 people. Local footy can pull that
    I did a count off some of their crowd drone shots and there was not 1,000 on the lawn and I will be generous and say there could be 1,000 in side.
    With free admittance that is not a sport that is going places
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I really don't like the drone footage of the start of races, just give us the normal angles .
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    During the coverage there was a good story about Just Believe during which G Sugars proudly claimed that he is the only person that works him. Yet he is not listed as his trainer or co trainer. The industry know that he is part of a co training team but HRV don't force them to register that way. This could lead to the same problems that they are having with E Stewart's team.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Colt Jasper will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daniel Walsh
    Occupation
    Social worker
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I really don't like the drone footage of the start of races, just give us the normal angles .
    Totally agree. You can’t differentiate horses, driver and colours, too far away etc. It just doesn’t add to the spectacle of the race in my opinion.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Drone footage is great for the replay they tend to do immediately following the race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread