Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's do a Powerball

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Let's do a Powerball

Everybody knows how much interest and investment a Powerball jackpot creates
    and reading this article on Meadowlands turnover gave me the idea of resurrecting Pick 6 or Pick 8
    We have to compete with things like Powerball so lets keep the Takeout/Commission comparable

Ideally you want it to regularly jackpot so we have to make it hard, so no Flexi Bets, every combination costs $1
    Lets kick it off on a Big Race night (and run it across a carnival) and guarantee $50k for openers

At present we see how much pools increase when their is any First Four jackpot so I cannot see why this would not have the potential to do the same. Especially as a jackpot would not be for another week (I only see the potential for Saturday nights) which gives you the opportunity to advertise any Jackpot week to the hilt.

I like the idea of it attracting 'numbers' players as well as punters So ideally you have every race a 9 or 10 horse field with at least 2 emergencies And if an emergency gets a run it takes the number of the scratched horse

I like the idea of 9 starters and a Pick 8 as that way people can play favourite numbers eg

2 1 2 4 2 1 3 8

4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 F (field)

With no flexi betting and 43,046,721 combinations I reckon we could get some jackpots and create a lot of interest

https://ustrottingnews.com/carryover...kend-at-big-m/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    BUMP - we need the money
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread