Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Afl

aussiebreno

Afl

I'll preface this by saying I am a Carlton fan.
    Tonights umpiring was absolutely despicable and gifted WCE the game.
    Next week Geelong will give WCE a smashing. $1.37 for Geelong it just popped up on the TV; that is a steal.
    Collingwood and Hawks will be a great game though.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    We're Carlton here too aussiebreno. &^%!@# umpires spoilt a great game of footy. Can't remember which commentator said it "You can't pay a free kick for that with 30 seconds to go". Say what??? I thought a free kick was a free kick! Would have been free to us 20 metres out. Blues were very brave. Next year!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Im an Essendon fan, and i reckon there was absolutely nothing wrong with the umpiring!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    You weren't one of essendon fans that was leaving the MCG at 3/4 time last Sunday?

triplev123
    This is the only Afl that I know of.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    i was !!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    This is the only Afl that I know of.
    Yep much better watching him than gayfl
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Hope it wasn't you sitting in front of us mightymo!!

Not singling out essendon supporters coz all teams got their ferals.

I took me boys along last week. Youngest 5yo and he very loud at the best of times.
    He'll talk to anyone and chatting away to all and sundry before game. He got talking to blokes behind us. 3 of the biggest blokes I've ever seen in me life. 3 of them taking up about 7 seats and all decked out in their Carlton gear too. He's been to 4 or 5 games now. Loves his footy and I'm telling him "This is finals. You need to barrack extra loud" (not that he needed any encouragement).

So we up singing national anthem and Carlton song before game and he yelling his scone off. Having time of his life. Blues kicked 5 straight points at start and he cheering every one of them. Then essendon got run and kicked first 3 goals of game. After 2nd one essendon bloke in front of us (must have been mid 40s) turned around and had go at me son!! "You ain't cheering now", etc etc. I told him 'politely' to sit down. Thought young son be all upset but nope... he shaping up to the bloke!!

Carlton kicked next 10 goals of game. "OK I yell louder Dad?". "You yell as hard as you can boy!! Especially near this blokes ear!!"

3/4 time essendon people started leaving and someone started waving goodbye to them. Boys started waving too. I'm like "No you don't do that. You cheer for your own team and you don't worry about the other team". Got tap on shoulder from one of the monoliths sitting behind us...."You let them wave goodbye all they like mate".

"OK if I wave too?" said me...

** Totally off the subject. Me and young daughter went to local Horseland (Sunbury) last week to get a foal rug. Thought me mare was going to foal in that crap weather and so trying to be best prepared. Lady was asking after mare and told her she standardbred blah blah. She said "She ever had one that raced?". "Just one and he a superstar" says me daughter. Lady said "We had one of the owners of Bling something in here the other day. Won a big race just recently. You heard of it?"

"Nah said me (tongue in cheek)... probably owned by essendon supporters"
    Last edited by Toohard; 09-18-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Hope it wasn't you sitting in front of us mightymo!!

Not singling out essendon supporters coz all teams got their ferals.

I took me boys along last week. Youngest 5yo and he very loud at the best of times.
    He'll talk to anyone and chatting away to all and sundry before game. He got talking to blokes behind us. 3 of the biggest blokes I've ever seen in me life. 3 of them taking up about 7 seats and all decked out in their Carlton gear too. He's been to 4 or 5 games now. Loves his footy and I'm telling him "This is finals. You need to barrack extra loud" (not that he needed any encouragement).

So we up singing national anthem and Carlton song before game and he yelling his scone off. Having time of his life. Blues kicked 5 straight points at start and he cheering every one of them. Then essendon got run and kicked first 3 goals of game. After 2nd one essendon bloke in front of us (must have been mid 40s) turned around and had go at me son!! "You ain't cheering now", etc etc. I told him 'politely' to sit down. Thought young son be all upset but nope... he shaping up to the bloke!!

Carlton kicked next 10 goals of game. "OK I yell louder Dad?". "You yell as hard as you can boy!! Especially near this blokes ear!!"

3/4 time essendon people started leaving and someone started waving goodbye to them. Boys started waving too. I'm like "No you don't do that. You cheer for your own team and you don't worry about the other team". Got tap on shoulder from one of the monoliths sitting behind us...."You let them wave goodbye all they like mate".

"OK if I wave too?" said me...

** Totally off the subject. Me and young daughter went to local Horseland (Sunbury) last week to get a foal rug. Thought me mare was going to foal in that crap weather and so trying to be best prepared. Lady was asking after mare and told her she standardbred blah blah. She said "She ever had one that raced?". "Just one and he a superstar" says me daughter. Lady said "We had one of the owners of Bling something in here the other day. Won a big race just recently. You heard of it?"

"Nah said me (tongue in cheek)... probably owned by essendon supporters"
    too funny!

90% of my mates are Carlton supporters, so i either win big or lose big. unfortunately this year has been lose big!!

+ Reply to Thread