Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Another first starter from the Maori line going around in R3 at Bendigo tonight

I thought this interesting cross may have scored more on my Pedigree Partner.
    due to the duplication of Valley Victory on the sire's bottom line and the dam's top line
    Does anybody know if the line breeder's preference would have been for VV to be in Crowning Point's posn for the sire's dam?
    Have anther look Kev.
    The 3yo is by a son of Muscles Yankee from a daughter of Muscles Yankee....but both the sire and dam are out of Chiola Hanover mares.
    Pretty tight breeding !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Noel, that one is somewhat of a mirror image of itself!
    Attached Files
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I kept going and found that Sonetto and Star Gazing have the same 3rd dam and both arms of the family have produced

http://classicfamilies.net/CF/Descen...rseID=10002348
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Vale Bob Conroy.
    http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35743

I thought it only fitting this was posted here.
    Deepest and sincere condolences to the Conroy family. A wonderful man for the sport in so many ways.

A beautiful read http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35745
    In a fitting tribute to Bob Conroy tonight, the Bendigo Club have retrieved Lincoln Star’s 1978 Bendigo Cup winning colours from the History collection and with Steward’s permission are using them as the club colours.
    Glenn Sharp has 2 runners in the race, so one driver will be racing in Bob’s colours. The others will be adding black armbands.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    In a fitting tribute to Bob Conroy tonight, the Bendigo Club have retrieved Lincoln Star’s 1978 Bendigo Cup winning colours from the History collection and with Steward’s permission are using them as the club colours.
    Glenn Sharp has 2 runners in the race, so one driver will be racing in Bob’s colours. The others will be adding black armbands.
    Nice touch by Bendigo.

Very saddened by Bob's passing. I was driving somewhere out the back of whoop-whoop on Tuesday afternoon when the radio news reported an 88 year-old man had died when he was driving a horse "in a lightweight sulky" in Hepburn Regional Park. No names, no mention that the horse might be a standardbred. I knew enough from that brief story who the man would be; confirmed yesterday morning. He was doing what he loved, which is a blessing.

I remember Bobby winning a metropolitan class pacers race in the early '70's with Mary Beverley, a grand mare who came back from an injury (broken pedal bone, I think). After a spell, Bob has converted her to a trotter and enters her first up on no less a race as the V L Dullard Cup! Plenty of 20/1 was offered (and taken) by the bookies. Bob jumped her straight to the front and that's where she stayed! One of the all-time great training performances.

A truly non-conformist trainer and great horseman, great gentleman and will be sadly missed.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Another first starter from the Maori line going around in R3 at Bendigo tonight

I thought this interesting cross may have scored more on my Pedigree Partner.
    due to the duplication of Valley Victory on the sire's bottom line and the dam's top line
    Does anybody know if the line breeder's preference would have been for VV to be in Crowning Point's posn for the sire's dam?
    Maori Queen's sister was in the R7 trot and paid nearly $53 !
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Seriously how can a young trotter who is anything but fool-proof go around at the odds of $1.20

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#MHC22121708
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I absolutely love Sparkling Success. Was on track in Feb 2016 when it was having its second or third start. Lights went out that night too and Sparkling Success was in last race. It was the final of a T0 or T1 after heats. John Meade had been suspended a week or two earlier for a howler of a drive and Gav Lang was on. I really liked its run in the heat, and while not thinking it could go on to group 1s thought it was easily bet of the night. Was paying about $6 but galloped out and gave them about 40m, I thought it was all over. Got up in the last stride. On track pokies got a good workout that night! Followed it ever since and probably rates as my favourite horse going around right now despite not really following trotters all too closely.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Didn't you love how keenly contested the race was. The running line reminded me of a pursuit cycling team rotating to share the load of cutting the breeze
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I absolutely love Sparkling Success. Was on track in Feb 2016 when it was having its second or third start. Lights went out that night too and Sparkling Success was in last race. It was the final of a T0 or T1 after heats. John Meade had been suspended a week or two earlier for a howler of a drive and Gav Lang was on. I really liked its run in the heat, and while not thinking it could go on to group 1s thought it was easily bet of the night. Was paying about $6 but galloped out and gave them about 40m, I thought it was all over. Got up in the last stride. On track pokies got a good workout that night! Followed it ever since and probably rates as my favourite horse going around right now despite not really following trotters all too closely.
    Is this the race Breno? http://media.harness.org.au/vic/MXM19021610.mp4 Love the romance but poor old John Meade, sometimes Gavvy gets too much credit.

possible edit: bromance
    Last edited by arlington; 01-28-2018 at 10:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread