Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Video replay quality OR NOT

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    The dam looks empty at Swan Hill so there mustn't be much water there!

This reminds me of this old clip - track preparation and video quality have come a way since this era!

http://media.harness.org.au/vic/WRC04020702.wmv

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How good does the grass racing from Otaki look - helped by some fantastic close up work when using the split screen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What were they thinking with the head-on shots down the back straight at Melton today
    STOP
    Do not do that again Mediatec - one loses all idea of what is happening in the race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    All racing now looks bloody ordinary compared to the Hi Def sport one can get on Foxtel
    but the harness racing should look much better than it does
    We still race on small tracks compared to the gallops so why do they still look better
    A fair test I believe would be that we should be able to read the horse numbers in the back straight
    If we cannot - improve the camera work or get better cameras

ps It is time racing went Hi Def
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why does the pic quality vary so much?
    Look at last night's Melton - it is simply POOR (you would think the lights had been dimmed but the resolution was bloody ordinary anyway)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...X280815&ms=vic

Some days/tracks the pic is so much better than other days
    If we can't have HiDef what about MPEG4 - it looks very good on the gallops new Ch78
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I emailed Mediatec and John Anderson about this but got NO REPLY
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling AllAboutArt will become famous soon enough AllAboutArt's Avatar
    Real Name
    Adam Muldoon
    Occupation
    bike sales
    Horses
    Burning Ambition,All About Art,DeliverdW
    NZ videos are great I bought a NZ filly and was able to watch the dams race replays as well
    Her last race was 2008

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Fact: I watch too much TV (and it is just about all HD nowadays)
    Maybe this why I find Sky picture quality so poor in comparison
    Visitors prevented me going to the Hamilton Cup today but I tuned into a couple of races.
    At first I thought the cameras must have been out of focus.
    It looked bloody ordinary. I suppose if you are watching simply to see if your numbers come up it may not be so bad OR maybe it is worse for you are only going to decipher where your horse is by means of the caller (or maybe its colours) as you are not going to be reading any numbers
    I watched a gallops race from Strathalbyn to see if I was being fair and I must admit it was nearly as bad

In this day and age I think people expect better - I do
    Other than going and viewing live (with trusty binocs) the only vision I am confident of enjoying is that on Ch.7 and 78 (racing.com) and there is no trots there I am afraid
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Watch this to see how good harness racing vision can be

http://www.prix-amerique.com/opodo-r...baune/?lang=en

Click bottom right corner to enlarge it to full screen. I watch it on my 58cm 23" Samsung HD computer screen and it looks brilliant

All the replays of the lead up races to Prix d'Amerique look brilliant and can be found here under the Opodoraces tab here

http://www.prix-amerique.com/?lang=en

I am pretty sure that Mediatec record our races in HD too (so not there fault) but whatever you do
    DONT put this on full screen

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM30011601

(Last night's Vic Cup.)
    When you think of what it could look like it is sad to see HRV getting excited about putting some marker graphics on the track

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=28750
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    The stuff done on course at Melton Friday night by Mediatec was outstanding. Believe some of it filtered through to Sky. Had cameras on carts facing the driver and cameras on helmets.

On big screen 2/3rds was the normal race coverage and 2 boxes on side showing each of shots above, alternating between drivers & carts that were geared up.

If it gets loaded anywhere need to watch the above footage of Vic Cup. Especially Chris Alford at start and end of race. Great stuff!!

From what I saw on track could be something more this week. Ballarat had pictures on social media as well. Had cameras on clerk of course and pics of horses scoring up behind mobile, etc.

+ Reply to Thread