Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Kevin,

Appears that you like to read small snippets of the story and not the whole article.

The EVA has no issue with the use of the supplements as long as they are;
    "In response to this, the AEV email details: only products registered for use in horses be administered; the dose and frequency of administration should be consistent with manufacturers' recommendations; injectable supplements should not be administered on consecutive days and not be administered within one clear day of racing."
    The test conducted by HRNSW the horses were administered as per the manufacturers recommendation, dosage 1ml per 50kg and no restrictions on daily use. There is no mention from the manufacturers with regards no consecutive days.

The facts are that if the authorities are so concerned about the misuse of Cobalt why don't they simply ban the use of all cobalt containing supplements?? Plain and simple answer and why have the authorities taken this approach??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Bailey that's my point exactly, comparing apples with oranges.
    Kevin, it is naive to think that chemistry does not play s part in all racing and sport in general.
    I have to admit I have a vested interest in this issue.
    Out of all the positives in NSW I believe there is one genuinely innocent participant. The big issue is withholding periods. Imagine if you gave a horse a start and it received a positive swab due to the hotse husbandry of the previous trainer. The facts will eventually come out.
    As for the story in the Age what a beat up. Let's ban all horse supplements, and jumps racing
    Another snippet for you Adam
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Adam, I'm not keen on getting further involved in this debate, I hung up my boots on it a while ago after doing a lot of work to substantitate my beliefs and subsequent statements, but I am going to say this one last thing, which is pretty much a mirror image of what I was saying very early in this affair, it's a REAL problem, HRNSW have not gone off half cocked here, there has been an awful lot of work done in order to arrive at levels that can be proven beyound any doubt that a) the horse has been administered with something other than large doses of regular supplements and b) the substance had been administered inside the current restrictions.

You can believe whatever you like mate, that's your choice.

cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    A little bit of subject but the sport would be better off if all supplements were banned within 7 days of racing level playing field for everyone.Willn't happen but can dream i guess.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    A little bit of subject but the sport would be better off if all supplements were banned within 7 days of racing level playing field for everyone.Willn't happen but can dream i guess.

If you get a chance, read the link in post #421 barney. OTI Racing's thoughts.

Real Name
    brian campbell
    The Day McDowell inquiry has been adjourned until 25 /2/15

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    The Day McDowell inquiry has been adjourned until 25 /2/15
    Will this ever end?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...28-130e60.html

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With the articles, reporting the arrest of Victorian harness racing participants, claiming a Victorian participant is thought to be supplying Cobalt - it seems remarkable that there has not been a trainer suspended in Victoria for a positive to cobalt
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Just read that and no names released so all trainers now have a stigma over them if they have positives Name them and then put them out to the hearing like Nsw have.Mood y Kavanagh and Price still training as if nothing has happened.

+ Reply to Thread