Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chalk and Cheese Programming

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Chalk and Cheese Programming

Of course I will go to my local meeting at Stawell on Thursday but without much enthusiasm.

Can't HRV even out the programming a bit to make sure every meeting has a sprinkling of quality

eg. We have a Stawell (D) and Bendigo (N) meeting on Thursday, 2 towns not worlds apart

The Stawell meeting has a C0 and two C1's selected from the bottom up, another C0 and C1, and their best races being a 3C0-1, a T0+ and a C2-3.

Bendigo has a C0 Final, a C1 Final, a C1+, a T1+, a 3C0-1, a C3-4 and a C7+ (only 7 races)

I know I am lucky to be able to trot off to Stawell on a Thursday arvo but can't we spread the 'bottom up' races around a little more.

Wonder if I would be in the bad books if I went to both meetings
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I remember reading a few years ago that HRV actually have a structure and a plan as to the strength/type of each meeting on a Monday, Tues...Sunday etc. Might have been in a HRV annual report. I believe this is still the case today, many Thursday day meetings are actually $3000 races.

My 2c is the trainers would probably be aware of this structure and thus able to program for their horses a bit easier.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're right about that Breno, being the lesser of 2 meetings on the one day, I suppose it is surprising that it is full country stakes
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What am I complaining about - today would seem to be our last meeting at Stawell for over 100 days
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Perfect weather, keen racing and a good crowd. I still have the rest of the Western district but it is going to be a long wait until June 30th for Stawell's next meeting - I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but gee I love a little track where you can see so easily the whole race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Do those in the Sydney offices of HRNSW know where Albury, Wagga and Cootamundra are located? I am happy to provide a map. I know we're out in the country and aren't top of the list of places to learn in Geography class so I am guessing this is the only reason Albury, Wagga and Coota are schedule to race Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Where are the horses going to come from?

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    I sent an email to Adam Fairley (2 days ago still no response) about the ridiculous programming at Tamworth.

I have a half a dozen horses in work up there and to be honest the programming is a disgrace.

In the next 3 months the only C class races up there are no better than C1 with conditions with regards no more than $5000 in last 4 starts (some winner, some non winners).

Plenty of R0 and better races but you end up with C2s racing against C9 and 10s.

It seems to me that HRNSW want Tamworth to be the dumping ground for all slow horses in NSW as there are always plenty of 0-1 races.

I already know the answer travel 4 hours to Newcastle. Luckily for thoses in Victoria travel distances are not quite as far as NSW.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Do those in the Sydney offices of HRNSW know where Albury, Wagga and Cootamundra are located? I am happy to provide a map. I know we're out in the country and aren't top of the list of places to learn in Geography class so I am guessing this is the only reason Albury, Wagga and Coota are schedule to race Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Where are the horses going to come from?
    124 horses for the 3 meetings. Cootamundra scrapped so only 2 meetings going ahead. Low field numbers most races. What a 'surprise'.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    124 horses for the 3 meetings. Cootamundra scrapped so only 2 meetings going ahead. Low field numbers most races. What a 'surprise'.
    If they were all Candy Diggers they could have had 3 x 12 race meetings with 10 starters in each!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    If they were all Candy Diggers they could have had 3 x 12 race meetings with 10 starters in each!
    Candy Digger scratched from Albury.

I've heard trainer said missing the Grand Annual meant it didn't have the race fitness to start here.

+ Reply to Thread