Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mile 2014

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Brendan, I agree with most of your comments but you forget Smoken Up ran a 1.49.9 in the Cordina and then a personal 1.51.1 the next week in the MM. Lance was reported to have said he wished he had of raced in the Coca Cola the week before as sub 1.50s 2 weeks in a row is a tough assignment.
    Check out last years Miracle Mile thread if you want more extra reading of my opinion on this, but Beautide smashed Abettorpunt and Mach Beauty at Newcastle. Trigger laboured in beating them in the Cordina. The Miracle Mile result was justified. Lance talked up Trigger during the Mile week last year, then ran him 5 times in 5 weekends throught Jan/Feb earlier this year.
    I fail too see how a top line horse having a gutbuster 1.50 is any different to the tonnes of average horses who gutbuster might be 2.01 but they go around week in week out.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I fail too see how a top line horse having a gutbuster 1.50 is any different to the tonnes of average horses who gutbuster might be 2.01 but they go around week in week out.
    But do they win week in week out? It's about winning not just fronting up each week.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Check out last years Miracle Mile thread if you want more extra reading of my opinion on this, but Beautide smashed Abettorpunt and Mach Beauty at Newcastle. Trigger laboured in beating them in the Cordina.
    Laboured in sub 1:50.....get real Brendan

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Kev, I think the drama queens are not NSWHRC but those in this thread.

Now for everyone else,

The rules set are pretty clear and have been consistently and appropriately applied. They are there for everyone to follow. If the SSL non invitation was such an issue, why wasn't this issue raised anywhere by anyone before the Newcastle Mile?

CM and TTL have been NZs best pacers over the last 18-24months (TTL even longer). NSWHRC have been clear those that face travel difficulties will be issued an invite early. They extended this to FAR who went to NZ. They could have been drama queens and excluded FAR for the sake of making either the NZ Cup weaker or the local FFAs stronger. But just like they are moving for the Perth IDs they are doing the best thing for all us fans and letting us see the top horses battle as often as they can.
    Beautide invite obvious. Avonnovac clearly deserves his spot.

Guaranteed will get an invite I feel.

We will get the best field. Suave Stuey Lombo will win or run well enough in the Cordina to get an invite. If it was such an issue backing him up this week, why won't it be an issue Miracle Mile week? I would have thought taking the risk this week would be better than taking the risk in the big dance. He raced three weeks straight in QLD.
    The poor record of the Cordina is overhyped. As I said earlier, the Cordina used to be a last ditch attempt at gaining entry. That horse that got the 6th spot was generally the 6th best horse in the race anyway (back in the Harold Park days).

Recent years results: Karloo Mick 3rd, Washakie Last (beat a flashing home Lady Lexus, as nice a mare as she was who would have included her in a Miracle Mile field?), Mr Feelgood 4th btn a length by Trigger, Gaius Caesar SCR but Pure Power ran 2nd Cordina then 3rd in Miracle Mile, Trigger 5th was past his best last season.

Karloo Mick. Mr Feelgood and Pure Power good results, Washakie and Smoken Up genuine excuses. Should not be an issue for Stuey. Will get his a chance and can win.
    Because the trainer advised, that last weeks run has taken a lot out of his horse, and he needed the week off (unfortunately sitting outside in a new track record did have an effect)............he does not have an invite!..........so it's all or nothing this week!.......and if he gets a run, hope he recovers enough to be at full throttle in the MM!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    If you go back to the Len Smith Mile on 27th April this year, Avonnova led from barrier 3, Beautide 1-1 from barrier 7, SSL OUTSIDE the leader from barrier 8, and beaten only 3.1 metres!!! Reverse the barriers in the Len Smith & Newcastle Mile, and you may have gotten a different result! if SSL gets into MM, and draws inside Avonnova, no one will be getting the lead of SSL! The other 2 are in.............the "work machine" is not!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    If SSl contests the Cordina Sprint he cannot win the MM imo. He should rest on his record, besides he contested the Newcastle Mile which is also a qualifying race.
    There is no way they will leave him out of the MM, he is to fast and all they worry about is speed at Menangle. This is just their usual drama they love to create.
    I could not agree more with your opinion Bailey....hope Tritton is thinking along these lines.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Recent years results: Karloo Mick 3rd, Washakie Last (beat a flashing home Lady Lexus, as nice a mare as she was who would have included her in a Miracle Mile field?), Mr Feelgood 4th btn a length by Trigger, Gaius Caesar SCR but Pure Power ran 2nd Cordina then 3rd in Miracle Mile, Trigger 5th was past his best last season.

Karloo Mick. Mr Feelgood and Pure Power good results, Washakie and Smoken Up genuine excuses. Should not be an issue for Stuey. Will get his a chance and can win.
    Karloo Mick is the best performed of the above mentioned winners.......was this perhaps because he raced in the Cordina on the Fri night and then the mile on the Sunday?? I am yet to hear any positives of winning the Cordina going forward into the Mile??? I dare say that's because there is none!!

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Laboured in sub 1:50.....get real Brendan
    Surely Brendan is pulling our leg??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We all mistakes, he momentarily forgot the time Smoken ran (or maybe we started to think that Smoken could do that easily)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    It happens every year. There's always a 'question' left until the week before. Keeps the interest up. Last year they used Smoken Up to keep the 'hype' up. 2 time winner and track record holder but a doubt over him getting a run? Breaks 1.50 again the week before. And then all the final week marketing around him.

This year SSL. Is there really any doubt at all he will be given an invite regardless of whether or not he competes this Saturday? He's already competed in a 'qualifying race'. If you look on harness.org home page you might notice this too. And he might not get a run?

mm.JPG

+ Reply to Thread