Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trotters ID Heats 2nd round

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

Trotters ID Heats 2nd round

Heat 4.
    The Fiery Ginga is a fast beginner and will want to lead again from 2, but i believe Son Of Iris is also fast beginner and may want to hold him out? Based on Ginga's run last week when soundly beaten by Springbank Richard, if he was posted in the death a while it may certainly dent his chances. I cant see an obvious "death horse" to give cover.
    While Iris may take a sit, there is NO SPRINT LANE at Bray Raceway Ballarat.
    Vulcan had the worst luck last week and with a better run should win.
    Aleppo Sunrise disappointed last week, death seat and pulled hard, not his go, bad draw this week inside 2nd row and he cant run straight around a bend, he hangs like crazy but has huge ability, should place could even win with luck if on his game.
    Backas Cobber racing very well but bad draw, may go forward as he has gate speed but will be a lot of competition out front.
    Cillas Earl draws behing Ginga and is actually racing very well has done some good things against Will Trapper and Sundons Gift recently when held up coming home well, good place odds...

Heat 5.
    Save a Sixpence to lead again most likely with Springbank Richard Death seat again?
    Stylish Monarch should come home well again will be a danger and of course Sundons Gift who has a terrible draw inside 2nd row follows out Armed Guard who wont go far...
    Sundons Gift held up till late last week can home very fast to gain on I Can Doosit, in fact ICD'S last half was 57.3 while out front leading and SG's did a 57.19 from 4 pegs weaving thru traffic. So dont write off the old guy!!!
    Springbank or SG to win.

Heat 6.
    Cant go past ICD.
    I Didnt Do It will want to lead and maybe hold out ICD who can begin fast, will be interesting to see what happens. Sovereignty great run last week will be in trifecta.
    Watch out for Crescent Glory drawn behind possible leader who came home his last 400 faster than ANY trotter last week! Again good place odds...

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    I agree with Vulcan. Hopefully he runs the gate a little and slots in before coming around to park or possibly take the lead away from the 2 who looked soft last week. I took the $3.65 and I've nibbled at the 16's too to win it all EW.

The second heat is tricky. Value play possibly on Stylish Monarch, $11 is over the odds.

In the third heat, I want to play the "Bookie" with Doosit @ $1.30 and take the $7 or $8 on Sovereignty EW.

Good Luck !!

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Two rounds of heats and one thing is pretty clear. The locals are a pretty average lot. Two or three at best are of the required standard but the rest are just making up the numbers.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Two rounds of heats and one thing is pretty clear. The locals are a pretty average lot. Two or three at best are of the required standard but the rest are just making up the numbers.
    Needed the two rounds of heat for that? I mentioned on this forum a couple months when the rankings came out how the Aussies were thin at the top (and I'm sure others already knew this), I think it was 2 in the top 14.
    But remember Let Me Thru and Skyvalley could have been there and would have been favoured to win at their best.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Needed the two rounds of heat for that? I mentioned on this forum a couple months when the rankings came out how the Aussies were thin at the top (and I'm sure others already knew this), I think it was 2 in the top 14.
    But remember Let Me Thru and Skyvalley could have been there and would have been favoured to win at their best.
    Sky Valley ... what about Knight Pistol, True Roman, Scotch Notch or Idol ? : )

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    "The second heat is tricky. Value play possibly on Stylish Monarch, $11 is over the odds."

Super Drive !!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Sky Valley ... what about Knight Pistol, True Roman, Scotch Notch or Idol ? : )
    Skyvalley was supposed to be the heir apparent to Sundons Gift but he is still running around. Skyvalley is only 7, could still easily be racing if they went down that path.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    What I was trying to point out was how weak the trotting depth was with regards to the Australians in this series. It has been a eye opener for a lot of kiwis to see that whilst two or three are competitive the rest are shockingly short of being grand circuit quality. Very similar to how the Kiwi pacers were in Auckland last year

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Ginga found another length or two on last week, Trainer/Driver said he totally felt better and was the horse he knew this week.
    Vulcan good run from death, Aleppo Sunrise did zippo again, Backas Cobber tough run like last week but seemed flat in comparison to last week. Kiwis too far ahead here.
    $11 on Stylish Monarch! Nice one Harold Parker...he loves a cosy trip and a sit sprint to finish, great drive.
    Springbank another good run leading in the fastest MR of the 3 heats.
    To me Sundons Gift proved he is gonzo... He showed promise to get back to the SG we know last week when came home fast when held up and out late, but, this week one out one back easy trip, went nowhere, proved again he can't beat Save a Sixpence...
    Very exciting Deadheat with I Can Didit...sorry I can Doosit and I Didn't Doit...the racecaller got the 2 names all fuddled up in the fight to the line, but mate I don't blame u!!!
    This puts the Final in a great place cos 8 days ago I think we all thought it would b all Doosit.
    Sovereignty solid of course and little Billy The Brat jumpin out of his skin yet again goin to yet another level for him.
    Crescent Glory pulled hard and looked like he was about to get up and get going at top of stretch but seemed to over race as Kerryn tried to pull him out, and he galloped but did qualify for Final.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Ginga found another length or two on last week, Trainer/Driver said he totally felt better and was the horse he knew this week.
    Vulcan good run from death, Aleppo Sunrise did zippo again, Backas Cobber tough run like last week but seemed flat in comparison to last week. Kiwis too far ahead here.
    $11 on Stylish Monarch! Nice one Harold Parker...he loves a cosy trip and a sit sprint to finish, great drive.
    Springbank another good run leading in the fastest MR of the 3 heats.
    To me Sundons Gift proved he is gonzo... He showed promise to get back to the SG we know last week when came home fast when held up and out late, but, this week one out one back easy trip, went nowhere, proved again he can't beat Save a Sixpence...
    Very exciting Deadheat with I Can Didit...sorry I can Doosit and I Didn't Doit...the racecaller got the 2 names all fuddled up in the fight to the line, but mate I don't blame u!!!
    This puts the Final in a great place cos 8 days ago I think we all thought it would b all Doosit.
    Sovereignty solid of course and little Billy The Brat jumpin out of his skin yet again goin to yet another level for him.
    Crescent Glory pulled hard and looked like he was about to get up and get going at top of stretch but seemed to over race as Kerryn tried to pull him out, and he galloped but did qualify for Final.
    I stood Ginga and Vulcan out in the Tri M, put Cillas Earl in for the show after reading your preview of the heat. He was dead stiff not to finish 3rd. Easier path to the outside of Alford, went inside and paid the price. The kid was taught a lesson : )

Good Luck this upcoming week. If I can free up Saturday I'm going to fly down for it.

+ Reply to Thread