Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Monkey King

nat

Monkey King

Hi to all our NZ friends

Just want to pose a question about the great Monkey King and was looking for some opinions. I just read the article on him and watched the replay of De Lovely beating the big kids I know he hasn't raced for a while but is he in trouble of loosing his mantle of NZ best horse with all the emerging stars coming through and back to form like De Lovely, Stunin Cullen, Smiling Shard, AR and the like. And when he races against AR in the mile will they smash the clock maybe take back the record

We Aussies love Blacky but where do NZ loyalties lay Monkey King, AR or someone else?

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi Nat - My 2 favourite horses racing at the moment are Monkey King and Blackie. I am going to the inters just to see Blackie in the flesh. While my heart wants Blackie to dead-heat the final with Monkey, my head tells me that possibly one of the up in comers will take it out. Which one? At this stage I would go with Stunnin Cullen. But I am looking for a dead heat in the final!!!

nat
    We all have our favourites I think Blacky is the best I've seen and we cheered him home in last years Inter form home (I think they could nearly hear us 2000km away)

But I have always been a stallion man and did follow Classic Garry horses and when I first seen CC a mighty stunning horse I tend to follow his and as much as I want Blacky or even Smoken Up to win I would love to see Inter Dominion siring stallion by CC name in history books with Stunin Cullen

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The mail around about Monkey King on Saturday was that he was fat and would need the run. Just like he needed a few runs before the NZ Cup Carnival. However when the big prize was up, we saw the real Monkey King and look how easy he left Smoken Up, Stunin Cullen, Smiling Shard and Co in his wake over the NZ Cup Carnival. Brendon Hill will have Monkey King spot on for the Inter Dominion Carnival and he will take a power of beating.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The pacing section is just so wide open, there are so many chances and I don't believe there is one horse who stands out it will come down to the draw and luck in the running. For mine imthemightyquinn was sensational in the hunter cup, he is flying and deserves to be favourite but I could name another 8 horses who with the right run could win.

buster
    ill say again, mr feelgood is the best australian horse, how anyone can think he wasn't totally dominant in the vic cup is beyond me

Junior Member Weanling username will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    hopefully mr feelgood handles the climate a bit better than last time he was here and shows his real form.

+ Reply to Thread