Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

Thanks for that Kevin, this is most interesting and even more info however the one that I "think" I read somewhere was as simple at as a example only the actual draw and saying 1-4 won 75% of the races " I think"

I think it was only maybe 6 lines and each line contained the barrier position and the % of wins from that.

While on that,............... has anyone done stats/spreadsheets on "RBD" it almost hurts me to type that ololoolololololol, for Vic and NSW ???

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    When I was a metro attendee (long ago) I remember the race book always had the barriers and number of winners for each.
    The few times I used to go to Flemington gallops for a feed I would always base my punt on the table in the race book which told you how long it was since each barrier had won - I always looked for one that was way overdue and made that my selection for the day (or until it came up - if I was lucky)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Spare a Thought for Taswegians

With a few Tassie horses peforming well in Vic lately I thought I might follow Tassie form next season.
    I looked up their calendar and Good God - they only race on Sundays
    Makes one realize how lucky we are
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    When I was a metro attendee (long ago) I remember the race book always had the barriers and number of winners for each.
    The few times I used to go to Flemington gallops for a feed I would always base my punt on the table in the race book which told you how long it was since each barrier had won - I always looked for one that was way overdue and made that my selection for the day (or until it came up - if I was lucky)

This is what I am looking for Kevin , unlike the TB's, I think that it is far more critical to be frank in Harness and the info I was looking for had a summary of just that, but I cant find it now- thanks Kylie for your info - did you have TAB numbers attached to your spreadsheet when that was done ???

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Has anyone else come across this absolute garbage I am getting when you click on a horse to see something( from form) on the HRA site you get CAPTCHA ?- surely if there is a beach in the system they can find something a little more time efficient than that rubbish ? - If everyone is getting the same thing someone must pull someone's coat who thought this crazy up in the offices and say you may have all the time in the world and all the form at your finger tips but not so with the public that want to have a punt

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by squaregaiter View Post
    Has anyone else come across this absolute garbage I am getting when you click on a horse to see something( from form) on the HRA site you get CAPTCHA ?- surely if there is a beach in the system they can find something a little more time efficient than that rubbish ? - If everyone is getting the same thing someone must pull someone's coat who thought this crazy up in the offices and say you may have all the time in the world and all the form at your finger tips but not so with the public that want to have a punt
    Yep, everyone is getting it Bruce - it is a pain in the arse!
    It amounts to 3 extra clicks (the 3rd is when you pass it again going back to form or starters) plus a robot check delay.
    You have to wonder how necessary it is
    I just sent the CEO an email regarding another matter, if everyone is in agreement about this being a pain - maybe we had better send him another
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Yep, everyone is getting it Bruce - it is a pain in the arse!
    It amounts to 3 extra clicks (the 3rd is when you pass it again going back to form or starters) plus a robot check delay.
    You have to wonder how necessary it is
    I just sent the CEO an email regarding another matter, if everyone is in agreement about this being a pain - maybe we had better send him another

I agree we gather all that we can to send emails to all those on this one, maybe they could make transparent WHY there has been a breach or is this another job for the boys so to speak, the Thoroughbreds and Greyhounds must be sitting back laughing at Harness on this one, can you image how many will give up and forget having a bet or even being interested if you cant pull up the FULL Form or Breeding with the single click what a backward move on all accounts

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I repeat, "this is a pain in the arse" for now I have found you can get a symbol amongst the characters that does not resemble any writing I know!
    TIP: If you have this happen to you have to guess and fail to get another set of characters as you cannot request another set
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    I repeat, "this is a pain in the arse" for now I have found you can get a symbol amongst the characters that does not resemble any writing I know!
    TIP: If you have this happen to you have to guess and fail to get another set of characters as you cannot request another set
    I believe this has been done to protect the database. What's there now is a huge improvement over the pictures of food you had to click on originally.

Also told it was done due to a threat from the "Ashley Madison" hackers. Believe they threatened to reveal all of Richard Priors horse interests to his wife!!

Closed Thread