Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moonee Valley Development

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove

Moonee Valley Development

"Defected' and went to the Moonee Valley gallops with Luke on Friday night. New course starting to be built from 2020 was told. Know have been posts on here bagging the Melton track\grandstand layout but can't find them at the moment. The Melton grandstand faces south. Works in summer when hot north wind blowing. Sheltered from it in stand. Summer when most people go.

Anyway happened to see the new Moonee Valley racecourse plans and guess what? The planned new grandstand faces south. Copy cats!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I heard Shane Dye yesterday questioning why they would want to change a track that is in his opinion an excellent track (MV) Has to do with development (apartments) doesn't it?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I heard Shane Dye yesterday questioning why they would want to change a track that is in his opinion an excellent track (MV) Has to do with development (apartments) doesn't it?

Can't see how it will work. If you turn the track around the new stand will be opposite the School on where the track is. I would guess the straight will be located roughly inside where the steeple grass is now. That is going to make two mighty sharp bends, given the straight now is only 173m long and that becomes the "side" on the new track.

They estimate some 100m coming off the current circumference so that will make it the shape of a 1700m trots track I feel. Land will also be taken for apartments (presumably where the current stand/car park/stalls are now) - I would imagine all car parking in the centre, perhaps the stalls too?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    This seems to be a case of, If it ain't broke, Dont try to fix it, Always loved the Valley, Its my personal favourite track but it seems that the temptation to sell off some land for apartments or to developers is playing a strong hand in this scenario.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle

+ Reply to Thread