Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Leap To Fame

Apologies Kev if I have started another thread you didn't need, just couldn't find one. Leap to Fame has few knockers I know, but that performance in the A.G. Hunter Cup must tell us he is better than "special", The bloody horse seems to have an unfathomable bottom and the only reason Mark's horse got close to him seemed to be both horse and driver "clocked off". I think he is probably the best horse we have seen since Blacks a Fake, but yet to prove he has the "bottom" of horses like Cardigan Bay and Bold Biami. Not that I think that is beyond him, he is a truly great individual.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are totally right Dan and it was remiss of the forum not to have a Leap To Fame thread - now fixed!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Well done to Grant Dixon & team with LTF.

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    As expected Leap To Fame far too good for the others tonight in the $100,000 Cranbourne Cup, a bit of travelling money before they take him home no doubt. I know Chris Alford was attempting to put Grant in 2 minds with the relentless pace he set, but this horse is the real deal and is such a beautiful, composed, professional racehorse he is versatile and deep enough to overcome his current opponents.

He may well be the Southern Hemisphere's first sub '46 horse, he is certainly capable of that should the planets align. He cruises 27.0 quarters and that is why I believe sub '46 is not out of his reach.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes Dan, LTF has a different motor to the others. The Turner stable's plan for Pete to give Anna an easy lead was messed up by Jack Brown on Cya Art making sure Anna had to do a bit of work to get it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Leap To Fame stretched his record to a remarkable 44 starts for 34 wins, eight placings and $2,215,957.

He will try to create history in the Miracle Mile by becoming the first pacer to win Australia’s “Triple Crown” – the Inter Dominion, Hunter Cup and Miracle Mile – in the one campaign.

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=64253
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Leap To Fame stretched his record to a remarkable 44 starts for 34 wins, eight placings and $2,215,957.

He will try to create history in the Miracle Mile by becoming the first pacer to win Australia’s “Triple Crown” – the Inter Dominion, Hunter Cup and Miracle Mile – in the one campaign.

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=64253
    Yes Kev,

as expected,he certainly wasn't extended last night but it was noticable that the horse is still developing his "ring craft" by the way he dropped them at the top of the Newcastle straight, not long ago he would have taken a little longer to wind up into overdrive.

Don't want to put the "mocker" on him for the Miracle Mile, bad luck has beaten many a horse but that is what it will take.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Champion
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Champion
    Yes Kev, he is absolutely one out of the box and if the planets align I believe he is capable of a sub '46 mile. Whether that ever occurs or not if he stays reasonably sound it will be something to see how far he can go. Great horses of recent times like Blakes A Fake, Our Sir Vancealot, Beautide ( Who I was a huge fan of) and company were not quite as convincing as this bloke. He has a way to go to measure up to the legends but I believe he has the qualities to perhaps achieve that. AWESOME horse, he seems to have it all bar exceptional gate speed. If he was a Rugby League Player he would be getting compared to Cessnock lad Andrew "Joey" Johns who had the unique ability to be exceptional at every single facet of that game.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    CHAMPION pacer Leap To Fame will bypass the lure of two rich slot races to have a spell and prepare for his home Queensland Winter Carnival.

Grant Dixon's mighty five-year-old was into $1.60 favourite for the $NZ1mil Race By Grins at Cambridge on April 12 after his stunning and historic Miracle Mile win at Menangle last Saturday night.

But owner Kevin Seymour revealed today Leap To Fame would go for a break rather than travel to NZ.

"He had an extremely tough run last Saturday night. It was a gruelling mile, and he went flat out," Seymour said. "He was still a bit flat today, so he won't be going to NZ."

"It's all about what's best for the horse and protecting the longevity of his career at the top level. We want to race him on for another couple of years, not be a one-season wonder."

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=64491

Good to read this
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread