Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Industry Indicators - Good, Bad & Ugly

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Thought in your more recent posts Wayne you were in favour of extra funds going to prizemoney, didn’t you say you wernt incentivised by bonuses to buy or breed but were incentivised to do so by by prizemoney?

Chalk and cheese the difference in how the additional money is being used in Victoria and Qld. Higher assessed horses are the big winner in Vic where’s as maiden and lowly assessed horses bred in Qld win out there, It was only around 10 percent of the foal crop that went through the sales, though with declining numbers it may be a higher percentage now but with the majority of horses raced by their breeder the distinction between breeder and owner is largely moot. Though in these modern times the administration could treat the breeder owner and buying owner differently if they wanted. Regardless, there needs to be a stimulus that doesn’t exist sufficiently now to arrest the decline in foal numbers as without horses we can not put on the product.

I don’t know if there will be more horses win their QBRED bonuses then there were previously Wayne because that comes down to programming. Have to say I always thought it was a bit of a red herring when David Martin said people wanted the $5k races retained because it was easier to win a bonus in a $5k race. It doesn’t matter if it’s a $5k or a $7k race what makes it easier to win a bonus it is if the race is programmed for horses that haven’t won a race. Don’t know enough about how QLD
    do or intend to program their races.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it is a big incentive in Qld to have your QBred maidens race in the last month or so of the season and into the first couple of months of the new season, a period when traditionally we struggle for horse numbers.

I in favour of democracy too Wayne but I suspect the only vote we’ll get on what’s on offer in QLD versus Vic will be by people voting with their broodmares feet.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    The Westbred bonus scheme pays out on places as well as wins but even though I live in WA I haven’t got any Westbreds so I havent paid much attention to the details, though plenty of people have told me it’s a very good scheme. That said foal numbers are still in decline in WA, so perhaps not good enough.

The latest integrity infringement sadly makes me shake my head and ask will they/we ever learn? And it does make me wonder if I should breed any more.

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    RNSW and Peter V’Landys have returned serve to RVLs planned new $5m race in the Autumn with the announcement of a new $8m race in October.

“The Herald understands the race could be part of a tri-code approach to a weekend of racing excellence, which would include the Million-Dollar Chase for the greyhounds at Wentworth Park and a million-dollar harness racing event at Menangle.”

Full story

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/racing/...mpression=true

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Another “tease” from Chris Roots in the SMH

“The race will funded by a new revenue stream for racing that also paid for the Million Dollar Chase for greyhounds in October and a $1 million harness event that has yet to be announced.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/racing/...05-p50kdt.html

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post

“The race will funded by a new revenue stream for racing that also paid for the Million Dollar Chase for greyhounds in October and a $1 million harness event that has yet to be announced.”

My hope is it is a return of the Ben Hur. 3000m at Menangle.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I'm with you Breno - anything that decreases the likelihood of leader domination
    (The TAB and Sky would probably prefer a 300m race)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post

The 'Eagle' may have crash landed.

Racing NSW is on a war footing with its Victorian counterpart and its biggest supporter after Tabcorp pulled its sponsorship for next year’s inaugural $7.5 million Golden Eagle.

http://todayspaper.smedia.com.au/the...entity=ar03307
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Have to wait and watch I guess.

Can’t help but think of the recent Opera House stoush for the Everest barrier draw and the philosophy any publicity is good publicity. Read in an another article that the Tabcorp sponsorship is reportedly $500k, can’t see that stopping V’Landys putting on the race.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Where was the other $7m coming from?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Don’t know, the original press releases made reference to a new funding source that would be revealed after Xmas.

+ Reply to Thread