Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad

Post in breeders thread

Perhaps this is not the place to post? I think the decision is rather pedantic as the board currently stands. My view is that ANYTHING to do with Harness should go under the Harness forum, anything to keep up the traffic.
    The title "Breeders" may be off putting for some who may think, I don't breed horses myself so that forum doesn't apply to me? As it is the thread that was removed was very interesting and who knows who read it and why? Perhaps the mention of horses from a bygone age may trigger other memories, hopefully pleasant, and viewers may return just to see what else comes out of the woodwork?
    Skyhigh Eagle is in the paddock outside my window, she has been a good dam/granddam but I wouldn't post a thread on her, just because. Mostly because it may be viewed as 'so what, how boring' so I read instead of others.
    Please combine ALL Harness activities into one big thread and who knows, the board may come alive again?
    Maybe a 'like' button could be added to threads? I often feel like giving someone a big tick for content, (mostly Messenger I have to say ), anything but folding up the tent and moving off.
    Keep up the good work

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for your feedback Jan.

As the more active of our 2 moderators I have been putting just about everything in the Australian forum as I believed it was pretty much the only live forum
    When I created 'Bloodlines of the Greats - which have survived' I saw it as a general interest/nostalgia topic which I created to attract viewers/posters and while I knew it technically fell under Breeding, I nevertheless posted it in the Australian forum as I was not going to put in the research involved if nobody was going to view it.

When Monique/Broco recently started a new thread in the Breeding forum, the views and replies convinced me to give the Breeding forum a new chance and is why I posted the 'Look in the breeding forum' Sticky at the top of the Australian forum and moved a few recent threads to the Breeding forum
    I will continue to monitor both forums and as I plan to continue the Bloodlines of the Greats thread, I assure you that I will change it back if I think my research is going unseen due to being in the wrong forum

To make the board come alive again, we most definitely need posters - I have always said that if people visit the board daily and find nothing new, then it will not be long before they stop visiting.
    I cannot post much more and sometimes fear that I may be putting people off (I will pull back if others take up the role)
    I am lucky to have time what with being retired but I actually have many hobbies and thus I pretty much only attempt to keep abreast of what is impacting my home state of Vic

I know people tend to tire of things and move on but I also know that we still have at least a couple of readers in other states - some of whom, used to be regular posters. We hear very little from other states nowadays. I would like everybody to consider posting again to make this a more enjoyable/interesting place for us all.

It does not have to be much - just a line or two a week when something catches your eye. You can just put it in the Odds and Ends thread if you like and I will move anything warranting more to a new or more appropriate thread

Everybody - there is NO 'wrong place' to post and if I ever irk you by moving your post then please let me know.

In one of my past lives I was a librarian and into correct cataloguing (yes me NOT teecee ) but while something is current I will leave it where I think it will get the most views. Eventually something may one day be moved to where it technically belongs eg I suppose I will eventually put this in Help, Complaints etc but as that Forum has not had a post for nearly 2yrs, I am not going to bury it there yet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    This is probably irrelevant in regards to what Jan's saying and Kevin put up a sticky note highlighting the new/today's post tab and it depends on how people get to the forum and browse, but if it helps anyone you can save the today's post page as your internet favourite rather than a particular forum. When you visit via today's posts anything that's been posted in any forum shows up. A great way to follow Buffalo Raceway lol.

+ Reply to Thread